LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 303 users in the forums

Thoughts and Opinions on this Franchise as a whole right now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blm7754:
This team is a result of Baalke. Plain and simple. Jed's mistake was to bet the franchise on the wrong horse.
We are not stuck with these horses, things will change.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Ideally they hire a person to take over football operations from the team president. Let this person hire a GM, then they could hire a coach, then they assemble the coaching staff and then come up with a qb strategy and a rebuilding plan. It is time to move and start fresh. Let the new football people mold their own teammidentity without being stuck with holdovers in football operations.

Yes but that makes entirely way too much sense
I'm not behind the scenes but I have thought about this so much that I have to wonder if Baalke basically considered this a lame duck year before the season even started. I mean come on, losing 11 starters on offense/defense. How does a team even survive that? York showed Harbaugh the door and I'm not even sure Harbaugh could coach this team to many more wins. Tomsula didn't have a chance to begin with. Were we taking our medicine so to speak to see what we had with younger guys, to see what we had with Kaepernick, etc... Just a hunch.

On the bright side, I don't think our roster is as bad as it was in 2004/2005. We have some promising young guys in Hyde, Lynch, Tartt, I. Williams, Armstead, Kilgore, Celek and even some guys that can still pay like Staley, T. Smith, Simpson, Dorsey. What we need is a strong draft and some serious free agent signings. I know you don't build your team through FA but we have some cap room in 2016 and we best be using it or this thing will get that much worse. We need coaching too. Tomsula & co. just aren't going to cut it. They are outmatched and out of their league. It's very clear. I think the days of seeing Kaepernick QB of this team are numbered. He can't excel unless he has a strong running game and strong defense... oh, and an o-line that's respectable. That may be the worst o-line I've seen in 10-15 years. 4 of the 5 starters are grading out nearly dead last. That's pathetic.

We have to add some solid players to even consider being a contender next year. So many areas to address. O-line, QB, CB, MLB, OLB, DT, DE, etc. Yikes.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
This team is a result of Baalke. Plain and simple. Jed's mistake was to bet the franchise on the wrong horse.

Ya think? If Jed were to fire Baalke, it would restore my faith in the franchise. We suck now because Baalke couldn't get along with Harbaugh AND because Baalke kept drafting guys that were injured or just not a good fit for our schemes.
Originally posted by cNiner:

Breaks my heart
Originally posted by cortana49:
Uh, just read any other thread and you'll get a sense of what everyone thinks.

This. lol
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Ya think? If Jed were to fire Baalke, it would restore my faith in the franchise. We suck now because Baalke couldn't get along with Harbaugh AND because Baalke kept drafting guys that were injured or just not a good fit for our schemes.
All owners go through this, some strike gold, some never get a sniff
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Truth is the Yorks don't know how to manage a football team. Same exact to the t happened in 02. Mariuchi had rumors he was speaking to note dame, Harbaugh michigan, both after great seasons. Neither one accepted... but still got let go. No coach wants to coach here so they hire with in. Same story different day. Baalke needs to go and a real football mind needs to come in. Owners who own teams either run it as a business, or just to have fun. The ones who run it as a business like the Yorks don't win. The ones who let their nuts hang by owning a team make money on accident because they win. John York did in in 02, jed in 2015. Same family same result
[ Edited by fan49 on Nov 3, 2015 at 1:45 PM ]
dysfuntion starting at the top with the dorks. harbaugh atleast gave us some credibility who is gone now thanks to the dorks.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
this is what happens when you let an outsider takesover your family..

BAALKE IS CARLO (THE GODFATHER) ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

He got rid of Sonny = Harbaugh

while actually taking order from Bazini to ruin the family = Parcells

and had Fredo believing that there will be something in it for him = Tomsula

and asked Michael (Jed ) to be the Godfather of his child so that he wont think that he's got any involvement at all

and all the while Paraage just so the family in decline so he decided to be the trairo Tessio!!

Originally posted by 9moon:
this is what happens when you let an outsider takesover your family..

BAALKE IS CARLO (THE GODFATHER) ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

He got rid of Sonny = Harbaugh

while actually taking order from Bazini to ruin the family = Parcells

and had Fredo believing that there will be something in it for him = Tomsula

and asked Michael (Jed ) to be the Godfather of his child so that he wont think that he's got any involvement at all

and all the while Paraage just so the family in decline so he decided to be the trairo Tessio!!

Paraag is going to sleep with the fishes
Conflicted; love the team, but hate this organization and everything it stands for. Ashamed and embarrassed and furiously frustrated. Franchise doesn't give a single f**k about its fans, its product on the field, or its integrity and history as a franchise.

Just thoroughly disgusted and for the first time as a fan of 23 years, I honestly wish I could root for another team; I just can't because I've lived and died with them my whole life and committed for the long haul but truly wish I could just drop them or stop watching football altogether.
I'd also like to add "hopeless" into the mix.

What makes this season so hard is that Jed, who is single-handedly responsible for this mess, is not going anywhere so nothing will change. I can take a down year or two but with him at the helm, history will repeat itself and we're in for at least another decade of whisper campaigns, terrible football, and miserable sundays.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Conflicted; love the team, but hate this organization and everything it stands for. Ashamed and embarrassed and furiously frustrated. Franchise doesn't give a single f**k about its fans, its product on the field, or its integrity and history as a franchise.

Just thoroughly disgusted and for the first time as a fan of 23 years, I honestly wish I could root for another team; I just can't because I've lived and died with them my whole life and committed for the long haul but truly wish I could just drop them or stop watching football altogether.
lol, have you taken a Drama class before

its not that bad...everyone is so emotional in the social media era
Share 49ersWebzone