There are 208 users in the forums

Which 49er retires next?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 49er retires next?

After one more arrest, and one more dumb tweet, the Niners will be due for another retirement. Who's the player that retires?

If you also want to predict the next arrest and dumb tweet, feel free to.

I'm predicting:

1. Next arrest: Jerome Simpson on drug charges

2. Next dumb tweet: Darnell Dockett makes racially insensitive tweet about rich Caucasians.

3. Next retirement: If Eric Reid takes another concussion and he decides to hang them up, I don't think anyone's surprised.
  • Jiks
Eric Mangini
Vance McDonald
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Vernon Davis
I don't like any of the choices above. They are either too old or too obvious (Reid has had a bunch of concussions already and everyone expects him to retire next, Bowman had a potentially catastrophic injury). 49ers retirements have to have this essential "WTF?" quality about them. . Lattimore and Justin aside, which were both expected, we have had amazing "WTF?" retirement moments. Coffee is my archetypical one since it involved a young, completely uninjured player. So, my choices are:

1. A high draft pick from THIS year. Armstead or Tartt deciding they want to join the Peace Corps, or a monastery.

2. A young player in his prime we've been counting on to replace a departed veteran (like Borland would have replaced Willis). Hyde would be a good one.

3. A player from a comparatively contactless or low playing time position, but on whom we have been counting on. How about our long snapper?

4. A player whose departure would make sense of a recent head-scratching draft pick : Lee is the most obvious one.
[ Edited by paulk205 on Jun 6, 2015 at 3:06 AM ]
Another brilliant "WTF?" moment would be Tomsula resigning.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
I hate to say Eric Reid... But three concussions in two seasons is extremely scary.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Anyone is game, your guess is as good as mine.
The fact that we even have this thread tells you everything you need to know about the 49ers under Jed York.
the fan base is my guess

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Bowman then Reid.
Originally posted by paulk205:
Another brilliant "WTF?" moment would be Tomsula resigning.

This
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The fact that we even have this thread tells you everything you need to know about the 49ers under Jed York.

Yeah..he great at making soft players retire..then take up roster space and money
Originally posted by frozen49er:
the fan base is my guess

Shut your whore mouth
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by frozen49er:
the fan base is my guess

Shut your whore mouth

Trying to add some levity to a bizarre offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone