There are 646 users in the forums

Perception vs. Reality...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdizo916:
His point was stated in his first sentence.......

And how do you know if Tomsula isn't a real HC. The same thing was said about Baalke. SMH

Harbaugh?
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Sure and I could win the lottery tomorrow. Anything is possible.

But being realistic hoping that young dudes can replace 3 of the guys from this pic next year is very unlikely. We aren't talking about replacing a single one hit wonder like Goldson or something this year.

How many of those guys dominated LAST year.....?
I'd wager 10 years or so. Really going to depend on when we get a real HC and if the owner ever wants to spend money in order to win. Finding a coach will probably be more random than anything.

Overall this entire thread is just seeing things through rose tinted glasses. Tons of unknowns so Marvin is going to assume the unknowns are positives. Very easily the entire post could be written assuming the unknowns are negatives (and much more likely IMO, I mean losing 2 HOF caliber players AND Justin Smith is pretty huge). End of the day it is the offseason, people want to talk about stuff but when we play games we will figure it all out. But I definitely agree we will finally see how good Baalke really is. No more McCloughan players, no more Harbaugh. All Baalke at this point.

His point was stated in his first sentence.......

And how do you know if Tomsula isn't a real HC. The same thing was said about Baalke. SMH

He very well could be. I said it will be mostly random finding one. I personally doubt it though, odds are definitely against him. And I don't think Baalke is a very good GM at all. I think this year will prove that.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
1) Sigh. Yes...he doesn't have the high arching pass that others do, but he's been very successful completing passes down the field in the past.

2) Frank is my favorite Niner of all time. I've said every year he was losing it because I hoped he'd prove me wrong. It was a running joke. If you don't believe me, ask other posters. I'd even elude to it IN THE POST.

3) I love Pat too and I want him back....but I think you are short-changing Borland a bit. In their primes, it isn't even close. Now? We'll see.

4) York? Not happy with the way this thing has been handled, but peeps are WAY, WAY overreacting to it.

Sigh. Kap will never be elite until he learns how to do this.
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11984391/green-bay-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-talks-art-deep-ball

Borland ain't on pats level, even now.
Missed the point there in a big way.

My entire point was that unknowns are exactly that...unknown. People automatically leap to the assumption that they will be bad BECAUSE they are unknown.

You are absolutely correct that its possible NONE of them pan out and the Niners become a perennial loser. My point is only that it hasn't ALREADY happened because we simply don't know. We've traded the known for the unknown, not the known for the abyss.

Sure and I could win the lottery tomorrow. Anything is possible.

But being realistic hoping that young dudes can replace 3 of the guys from this pic next year is very unlikely. We aren't talking about replacing a single one hit wonder like Goldson or something this year.

Of course...but it ain't always about replacing a pro bowl LB with another pro bowl LB.

Sometimes its getting a great player at another position. In 2010, Aldon Smith wasn't on the team. Navorro Bowman was a backup. Eric Reid was in college. Joe Staley didn't make the Pro Bowl. Alex Smith was the QB.

For the life of me I can't figure out why not assuming the team will suck is viewed as controversial.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 12, 2015 at 10:52 AM ]
Originally posted by Sims84:

Exactly niners have upgraded many positions with young up and coming studs. It just takes games to be played for some people and the MEDIA to jump back on the bandwagon.
Tough week to be a 49er fan, but I'm remaining optimistic. The team has cap space and the ability to fill the holes on the team. Having Smith and Davis on the field should be exciting. I think the offense will definitely be better than last year, the coaches seem to want to take risk.
Originally posted by Sims84:

2. And what was the 49ers record?
Originally posted by BandWagon:
My lord people on this board are totally defensive... take off the rose colored glasses and see that what I wrote is an honest assessment. I pointed out positives and I pointed out negatives.

When you start off by calling someone else 'delusional' (I hate that word, the most overused words in online posts and makes the poster seem like a holier than thou knucklehead) you're gonna get attacked.

By stating that someone was delusional, you're basically discrediting their views as inferior to yours, even though your actual knowledge or opinion on the subject is no more valid.

Most of what you said I was like 'yea whatever'....but Cox is big. Brock is supposedly our best corner but his health is a concern.

At the end of the day, it's March and no one knows who's going to be on the team by September. The 49ers still have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. If Kaepernick can get a LITTLE bit better in the offseason, they can have a good season.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Sigh. Kap will never be elite until he learns how to do this.
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11984391/green-bay-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-talks-art-deep-ball

Borland ain't on pats level, even now.

You mean Kap won't be elite until he learns how to be elite? OMG, .
Maybe just maybe, Kap can grow? Weird right? People get better in life. I know Rodgers did.

Of course...but it ain't always about replacing a pro bowl LB with another pro bowl RB.

Sometimes its getting a great player at another position. In 2010, Aldon Smith wasn't on the team. Navorro Bowman was a backup. Eric Reid was in college. Joe Staley didn't make the Pro Bowl. Alex Smith was the QB.

For the life of me I can't figure out why not assuming the team will suck is viewed as controversial.

People, by nature, are pessimists. We haven't seen success like this for 20 years, and we got rid of a coach that was highly successful and we lost some key players. Then people like to jump off the bandwagon or play the tiniest little violin. "Whoa is me, my team suck." Mind you, we haven't played one single second into the NFL season. (not even pre season for god's sake) Hell, we haven't even hit the draft or the zenith of Free Agency. Then there's the talks of "baalke is a bad gm" but I guarantee you that if he's gone, people will definitely miss his presence. And then, there's "Jed is a bad owner" and that may be the case, we have to give him some time to see how he adapts to the post harbaugh era.

Some people forget the Terry Donahue's and Erickson's of the world (or they were cheering for another team at that time) They do not know what true suffering is. (I am a sacramento kings fan, so I know the true meaning of suffering with regards to sports) The same people who are talking out of their ass right now are probably trolls on the internet, ignorant, or don't know much about sports (susweel)
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Mar 12, 2015 at 10:58 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by awp8912:
You mean Kap won't be elite until he learns how to be elite? OMG, .
Maybe just maybe, Kap can grow? Weird right? People get better in life. I know Rodgers did.

He wont be elite until he throws the deep ball with some arc to give his WRs the best chance to catch it, aka Torrey Smith.

I mean, there is so much more than that to be elite he needs to work on, but thats a pretty important one if we want to Maximize our new FA
People, by nature, are pessimists. We haven't seen success like this for 20 years, and we got rid of a coach that was highly successful and we lost some key players. Then people like to jump off the bandwagon or play the tiniest little violin. "Whoa is me, my team suck." Mind you, we haven't played one single second into the NFL season. (not even pre season for god's sake) Hell, we haven't even hit the draft or the zenith of Free Agency. Then there's the talks of "baalke is a bad gm" but I guarantee you that if he's gone, people will definitely miss his presence. And then, there's "Jed is a bad owner" and that may be the case, we have to give him some time to see how he adapts to the post harbaugh era.

Some people forget the Terry Donahue's and Erickson's of the world (or they were cheering for another team at that time) They do not know what true suffering is. (I am a sacramento kings fan, so I know the true meaning of suffering with regards to sports) The same people who are talking out of their ass right now are probably trolls on the internet, ignorant, or don't know much about sports (susweel)

Hate to break it to ya but Yorks == Maloofs.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
So Borland is better than Pat right now.

Hate to break it to ya but Yorks == Maloofs.

9erReign=susweel
Share 49ersWebzone