LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 259 users in the forums

What is it Baalke crazy obsessed with Parcell Coaching Tree?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jim Harbaugh lied to us when he said the offense will be west coast style, and we all know Parcell's legacy was due to defense he had. Without the years he had good defensive personnel, We would have won more SBs.

Right now we are set Defensively, Baalke should be focusing on briniging an offensively creative coach and maybe even bring back WS offense which Greenbay and even. New England use to be successful all these years!

Baalke will be Mike Nolan part II and probably worse when everything is said and done. As for the owners, they could care less since they already have the stadium built - the jet have to keep making money while deceiving all of us true fans!
'cos of that weak-ass 'west coast offense'

Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
Jim Harbaugh lied to us when he said the offense will be west coast style, and we all know Parcell's legacy was due to defense he had. Without the years he had good defensive personnel, We would have won more SBs.

Right now we are set Defensively, Baalke should be focusing on briniging an offensively creative coach and maybe even bring back WS offense which Greenbay and even. New England use to be successful all these years!

Baalke will be Mike Nolan part II and probably worse when everything is said and done. As for the owners, they could care less since they already have the stadium built - the jet have to keep making money while deceiving all of us true fans!

Baalke hasn't even hired anyone and you are bashing his choices?

I nominate this thread for dumbest of the webzone 2015
Why do people keep clamoring for the West Coast Offense?? It's old and has been figured out. Move on already.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Why do people keep clamoring for the West Coast Offense?? It's old and has been figured out. Move on already.

No
Baalke himself is tied to Parcell's tree. He broke into the NFL with the Jets iirc, when Parcells was coach. A bunch of guys of well known coaches today where on that staff, including Todd Bowles.

That's why I'm not surprised at all to hear Bowles might get a 2nd interview. Belichek was on that staff too, which might explain why McDaniels is on our radar. Everybody prefers hiring people they're somehow connected with.
who gives a s**t, you need good players and good coaches. you can be successful in any system
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Looks like Denver is figuring how to stop it just so easily right.
Baalke wanted to hire Parcells over Harbaugh.
JH fell into these guys' hands. York almost blew it with the cash too, haha.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Beat me to it! Not sure why people assume the WCO was a particular play that would not work now! Read Walsh's books, watch films of GB, KC or any other team that uses a derivative of the WCO. I wonder how old some of the anti-WCO folks are? Did they not see the original so they resent the constant reference?

Although Pep calls it the no coast offense..."We'll do whatever we have to do to win."
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 11, 2015 at 4:37 PM ]

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Baalke himself is tied to Parcell's tree. He broke into the NFL with the Jets iirc, when Parcells was coach. A bunch of guys of well known coaches today where on that staff, including Todd Bowles.

That's why I'm not surprised at all to hear Bowles might get a 2nd interview. Belichek was on that staff too, which might explain why McDaniels is on our radar. Everybody prefers hiring people they're somehow connected with.
...so coaching one of the best defenses (Bowles) or offenses (Pats) in the league is not an argument for being interviewed?
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:

Baalke hasn't even hired anyone and you are bashing his choices?

I nominate this thread for dumbest of the webzone 2015

There is a long way to go before that is decided. That is my answer for both 49ERSAM and Quest4six.
[ Edited by captain_planet on Jan 11, 2015 at 5:18 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Beat me to it! Not sure why people assume the WCO was a particular play that would not work now! Read Walsh's books, watch films of GB, KC or any other team that uses a derivative of the WCO. I wonder how old some of the anti-WCO folks are? Did they not see the original so they resent the constant reference?

Although Pep calls it the no coast offense..."We'll do whatever we have to do to win."

the west coast offense works. it will work for us.
Parcells
Share 49ersWebzone