LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 180 users in the forums

What is it Baalke crazy obsessed with Parcell Coaching Tree?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Baalke himself is tied to Parcell's tree. He broke into the NFL with the Jets iirc, when Parcells was coach. A bunch of guys of well known coaches today where on that staff, including Todd Bowles.

That's why I'm not surprised at all to hear Bowles might get a 2nd interview. Belichek was on that staff too, which might explain why McDaniels is on our radar. Everybody prefers hiring people they're somehow connected with.
...so coaching one of the best defenses (Bowles) or offenses (Pats) in the league is not an argument for being interviewed?

Not saying that. They've produced some great results as coordinators, and that's ultimately the reason why both are on HC radars. I'm just saying the Parcells connection is something that Baalke could specifically look for. That might help Bowles or McDaniels get the 49ers job.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 11, 2015 at 6:23 PM ]
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
There is a long way to go before that is decided. That is my answer for both 49ERSAM and Quest4six.

Hahaha aww c'mon man don't group me with this!
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Why do people keep clamoring for the West Coast Offense?? It's old and has been figured out. Move on already.

Looks like Denver is figuring how to stop it just so easily right.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Why do people keep clamoring for the West Coast Offense?? It's old and has been figured out. Move on already.

Beat me to it! Not sure why people assume the WCO was a particular play that would not work now! Read Walsh's books, watch films of GB, KC or any other team that uses a derivative of the WCO. I wonder how old some of the anti-WCO folks are? Did they not see the original so they resent the constant reference?

Although Pep calls it the no coast offense..."We'll do whatever we have to do to win."

Exactly! But in a way he may have a point... It takes a different kind of WR to run in a WC and they don't produce much of those anymore. Now it's run really fast and get under the ball and hope for a flag if you don't catch it. Lol
Originally posted by titan:

Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Beat me to it! Not sure why people assume the WCO was a particular play that would not work now! Read Walsh's books, watch films of GB, KC or any other team that uses a derivative of the WCO. I wonder how old some of the anti-WCO folks are? Did they not see the original so they resent the constant reference?

Although Pep calls it the no coast offense..."We'll do whatever we have to do to win."

Exactly! But in a way he may have a point... It takes a different kind of WR to run in a WC and they don't produce much of those anymore. Now it's run really fast and get under the ball and hope for a flag if you don't catch it. Lol

lol pretty much what Rog Goddell has turned this league into along with Tom "CRYBRADY".
Share 49ersWebzone