LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 393 users in the forums

Levi's HF advantage or lack of it

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've seen a lot of back & forth discussion about the seemingly poor HF advantage Levi's has experienced so far and I agree it hasn't been great so I did a little research. "The Clink" as it's known opened in 2002, Holmgren's 4th season (just like Harbaugh with new stadium) as Seadderal HC. They went 3-5 during Clink (formerly Qwest field & Seahawk stadium) inaugural season, finishing 7-9 overall. Some home field advantage. Anyway, the previous 2 seasons they played in UW stadium and Holmgren's 1st season was their last year in the Kingdome (a sometimes awesome HF advantage). Holmgren's first 3 years were 9-7 (a good debut season), a step back at 6-10 and then 9-7 again so obviously nothing like Harbaugh.
But the 2nd year at Centurylink they were undefeated at home with a 10-6 overall record and a Wild Card. I digress but Holmgren also won division (AFCW) at 9-7 his 1st year at Seadderal. I think the comparison between Centurylink opening up and Levi's is very legitimate. Will it ever be that loud, no (have they embellished the noise level the last 12 years, most likely). The point is Levi's should be a much improved HF advantage in 2015, especially if the team gets several top-shelf players back healthy for the whole season. On a sidenote if you look at other NFL stadiums that opened in the last 10 or 12 years there's quite a variation with HF adv. I know Gillette (NE) and Lucas Oil (INDY) were very good debut seasons but they also had topnotch teams. Places like AZ, Cincy or NY/NJ (Metlife) were either poor HF or inconsistent opening year. Even JerryWorld sucked out of the shoot.
HF advantage is overrated. If you suck, you're not winning anything
It will improve. The Cards big bubble that they opened up in Glendale was crap too for the first season, it's taken them the better part of a decade for them to have a truly formidable home field with a roaring crowd and fans who knew WTF is going on. That organization has done a great job in putting together events and coming up with catchy slogans and nicknames for different parts of the stadium, really getting the fans involved.

Their "Protect the Nest" marketing has been outstanding. Basically you have to do as much as you can to make the fans essentially part of the team, like Seattle ripping off the whole 12th Man thing.

From what I've heard, the 49ers badly need to fire whoever operates the PA at their games and improve the music selection in the stadium as well.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 16, 2014 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It will improve. The Cards big bubble that they opened up in Glendale was crap too for the first season, it's taken them the better part of a decade for them to have a truly formidable home field with a roaring crowd and fans who knew WTF is going on. That organization has done a great job in putting together events and coming up with catchy slogans and nicknames for different parts of the stadium, really getting the fans involved.

Their "Protect the Nest" marketing has been outstanding. Basically you have to do as much as you can to make the fans essentially part of the team, like Seattle ripping off the whole 12th Man thing.

From what I've heard, the 49ers badly need to fire whoever operates the PA at their games and improve the music selection in the stadium as well.

First thing we need is a catchy slogan....
  • Jiks
I'm a firm believer that we should integrate a 300 chant for first downs. Seeing how it has absolutely nothing to do with 49ers or anything at all really, I think it would really get the crowd into it.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I'm a firm believer that we should integrate a 300 chant for first downs. Seeing how it has absolutely nothing to do with 49ers or anything at all really, I think it would really get the crowd into it.

Since when have we had an offense that gets first downs?
Originally posted by verb1der:
First thing we need is a catchy slogan....

"Watch your favorite players get hurt live"
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Since when have we had an offense that gets first downs?

Originally posted by jreff22:
"Watch your favorite players get hurt live"

We don't have any true fans like this:

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Have you been to Kansas City..............the roads are all f**ked up, the summers are excessively humid, the winters are oppressively cold, you ever wonder why the most dedicated fans seem to live in the places with the s**ttiest weather............ain't nothing else to do.

Like really...where are these guys going to besides home and the Packers game...............hunting moose maybe.

It's like a fat, broke, ugly guy with a small dick bragging about how faithful he is to this girlfriend...........dude's got no other options.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 16, 2014 at 4:22 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I'm willing to give them a pass for their rookie season.

That stadium is built on top of a dump / burial ground
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Have you been to Kansas City..............the roads are all f**ked up, the summers are excessively humid, the winters are oppressively cold, you ever wonder why the most dedicated fans seem to live in the places with the s**ttiest weather............ain't nothing else to do.

Like really...where are these guys going to besides home and the Packers game...............hunting moose maybe.

It's like a fat, broke, ugly guy with a small dick bragging about how faithful he is to this girlfriend...........dude's got no other options.

Incest
Originally posted by LVJay:
I'm willing to give them a pass for their rookie season.

That stadium is built on top of a dump / burial ground

Levis sucks.
Share 49ersWebzone