LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 318 users in the forums

WE are actually right on Schedule (we expected a Split) with Seattle

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Arizona loses out and we win out and we will probably make it. AZ plays Rams tonight and seattle next week.

How accurate is this? I can totally see Zona losing out.. They will lose to Rams tonight in a classic revenge spot for Jeff Fisher.. Seattle will beat them next week and then we have them the last week..

So the question is.. If Niners win out and Arizona loses out.. Are we in ???
No, Dallas or Philadelphia would have to lose two games because we own the tie breaker or Detroit would have to lose all 3 because we probably would not own the tie breaker with them. Chances of play-offs even with winning out are pretty slim.

We only need Ari to lose to Rams + Dal/Phi loser to drop another (both play each other so one will lose)
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
We only need Ari to lose to Rams + Dal/Phi loser to drop another (both play each other so one will lose)

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture/predictor - a fun tool for those wondering what it will take to get to playoffs.
Arizona loses out and we win out and we will probably make it. AZ plays Rams tonight and seattle next week.

How accurate is this? I can totally see Zona losing out.. They will lose to Rams tonight in a classic revenge spot for Jeff Fisher.. Seattle will beat them next week and then we have them the last week..

No, Dallas or Philadelphia would have to lose two games because we own the tie breaker or Detroit would have to lose all 3 because we probably would not own the tie breaker with them. Chances of play-offs even with winning out are pretty slim.

Chances are not that slim.. Philly plays Dallas this week.. So there's 1 loss for one of them.. Then all we need is just 1 more loss. Possible.. The problem for us is winning in Seattle..

As far as my earlier prediction on the Niners beating the brakes off Oakland.. I'm still speechless and embarrassed about that loss...
So far we haven't been able to catch a break this year. Won't be surprised if cards beat Rams today
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
So If we somehow win out, what needs to happen in order for us to make the playoffs?

other playoff teams to lose complete interest in their season... and for those teams to pull Roman's in their offensive game "plan".

The Cards will beat the Rams and we wont win another game. How can we? Seattle, SD and AZ are leaps and bounds better than us. WE LOST TO OAKLAND!!!!! I will just be happy if we can score 30 pts COMBINED in the next 3 games.

Vs Seattle - I think we may get shut out or score 3 pts
Vs Chargers - i think we can get to 17
Vs AZ - I see us getting around 10.

if we get 30+ pts total in 3 games (yes thats 11pt per game average) it will be a bright spot on the season.
For some reason the football gods like to have a little fun with heavy favorites. They sit up in the clouds smoking their cigars and drinking their ambrosia and whatever else they do, and they like to play gotcha with perceived blowouts. It happens quite often for whatever reason.

Honestly, this is the only thing I can hang my hat on. That some how we get a bizzare game with crazy things happening.
0 turnovers and we will avoid embarrassment.
Let me tell you any of you that are hopeful that we have the same chance @ Seattle that a lamb has in a death match with a lion.

Niners have given up, and you could see it in the 2nd half of the Raiders game. The defense knows the offense cannot score, and they are finally beat down mentally because of it. The players also now know that York will not be willing to deal with Harbaugh's difficult personality when he has not been able to stop a precipitous fall in Kap's play. They used to be willing to fight for him, but why bother now? You can blame Harbaugh, you can blame Kap, you can blame the o-line. But it doesn't really matter because the bottom line is the Niners couldn't score against the Hawks when we were playing well against the rest of the league. Seattle will keep Kap in the pocket ala the Thanksgiving game and the 2nd half of the NFC championship, and they may very well shut us out up there. With all the turmoil surrounding the coach, the horrible o-line pass blocking, abandoning the run game, and a regressing QB with zero confidence, this will be very ugly. I HATE the Hawks as much or more than I hated the 90"s Cowboys, but I acknowledge they are a very talented team that has great coaching and chemistry. They are peaking while we are falling off a cliff, and the rivalry will ensure the Hawks show no mercy. I'm just hoping I can get through this one without vomiting. Watching Sherman/Hawks fans delight in our destruction and pour salt in the wound is my nightmare. Their classless fans will pile on - I would encourage everyone not to take the bait. Here's hoping to a miracle victory, but fully expected a butt kicking of extraordinary magnitude.

Chances are not that slim.. Philly plays Dallas this week.. So there's 1 loss for one of them.. Then all we need is just 1 more loss. Possible.. The problem for us is winning in Seattle..

As far as my earlier prediction on the Niners beating the brakes off Oakland.. I'm still speechless and embarrassed about that loss...

As are most but I did not have the confidence you did going into that game. Still not a game that we should have lost. Now it's the nail in the coffin. We are not beating Seattle in their house. Their defense is healthy again and playing at a high level. I wish we could just go up there and play loose. But Kaep is so intent on proving a point to their DB's that he overthinks everything. Combined with the noise it's just not a good situation. As Marvin49 said in his week 14 write up just embrace the clarity that will be upon us. No more wishing other teams lose etc... No need to build up your hopes to have them torn down. We can let go now.
My optimism is slowly coming back. I'd like to think that the team was overlooking the Raiders in feverish anticipation over the following weeks rematch with Seattle.
Hell, the Raiders clearly over looked the Rams (52-0) in order to play us.. Funny how every teams SuperBowl is when they play the 49ers.

I would like to think this too, but I honestly don't think that's what happened. Niners season has just hit rock bottom. All the negativity surrounding them just finally culminated into that disgusting performance against the Raiders. I think had they been overlooking them, the raiders should be such a bad team that the Niners should have been able to come back in the 2nd half and put the game away. But clearly, from the 1st play of the game, the Niners were playing like dogsh*t and the raiders just embarrassed them.
Share 49ersWebzone