LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 369 users in the forums

Candlestick stadium seats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Got mine yesterday, damn they ugly lol. But they are my actual seats from my season tickets. I know because my GF put unique scratches in them so we could tell when we got them.
did they clean them up at least ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Serious, no BS ?

I'll post a pic of mine this weekend.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Got mine yesterday, damn they ugly lol. But they are my actual seats from my season tickets. I know because my GF put unique scratches in them so we could tell when we got them.
did they clean them up at least ?

They didn't do s**t to them lol. In fact they look even worse than the last game at the stick. I inspected them thoroughly deciding if I wanted to buy them and now they are even more sunfaded and white. They just took them apart, threw them in boxes and added some lame ass "feet" to the bottom of them. They don't even stand that well on their own, you are supposed to bolt them down ... to your carpet I guess.
They didn't do s**t to them lol. In fact they look even worse than the last game at the stick. I inspected them thoroughly deciding if I wanted to buy them and now they are even more sunfaded and white. They just took them apart, threw them in boxes and added some lame ass "feet" to the bottom of them. They don't even stand that well on their own, you are supposed to bolt them down ... to your carpet I guess.

I think they took backs and seats off before dismantly from the cement floor. The seats came partially together, but I notice that the bolts holding the back down are new. All other bolts on the black steel hardware are rusted. So they took whatever backs match your seat numbers and put any bottoms on. It seems like that anyway, because the two seats on ours are totally different. One seat is faded about 1/3 and the other is just starting to fade. There were seats in full sun, but don't know why one seat would look so different. Plus, at least on mine, don't know if you can see in the picture I posted above, there is a metal piece of the armrest that would have gone with the third seat attached originally. Looks kinda dumb.
Originally posted by Ghoofie:
Originally posted by awol36:
Seats already being delivered..

We got ours today. Yours look much better than ours. Our seats were upper reserved and there is hardly any black on the frame. Really messed up. The seat part colors don't match. One is way faded compared to the other. Even the seat numbers are different. For us that had season tix , it looks like they just got seat backs to match your numbers. There's no

Did you guys get shipping confirmation emails? Havent heard anything and I was one who had to change my address. Wondering if the new tenant at my old apartment got a $650 gift. Maybe I should check craigslist lol.

650 for that?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Let me get this straight, people are paying $650 for a pair of seats out of a decrepit 50+ year old stadium and complaining what they look like. You know they aren't worth that and probably won't be even 50 years from now. So where in the advertisement for the seats made people think they were going to restore them before they shipped them out and had people removing and shipping them like they were handling fine china? Here is an idea, since you can afford $650 for a junky pair of seats drop them off at a paint shop and tell them you want them sand blasted down to bare metal and repainted, that might set you back another $400-$500. Or you could use some elbow grease and do all the prep work yourself and probably pay half of that.
The best thing to do is use the headlight cleaners that are popular now. I used it and it cleans up the oxidation pretty good

As far as why did people think they were going to clean them up is because they said they would. I ordered mine over the phone and as a season ticket holder I was able to order pretty early. I ordered 3 pairs with my group and on the phone they said they would clean them up and paint them. They didnt, oh well
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Here are my seats (work in process). I am waiting for a replacement seat back #6. I had the frames powder coated ($150 for a three parts) and did my best to wash/clean/buff the plastic seats. I even reached out to the original seat manufacturer, but all he could tell me was "red and orange" for the original seat color. Overall I'm happier with them now then the condition in which they arrived.

Share 49ersWebzone