LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 467 users in the forums

I'm still proud of our team......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This team suffers an interesting problem, they're overachievers making up for shortcomings, but the shortcomings end up biting them in the ass when it counts most. Actually reminds me a A LOT of those old 49er teams from the 90s, when it was either Steve Young, or the defense choking games away to Dallas.

In an era of fierce FA, and Salary cap, we just went to three straight NFC Championship games. We're the Pats of the NFC. Most teams continue to lose in the wildcard round before even making a Superbowl! Our front office is gonna keep us in the playoffs for the next 5-10 years.
Originally posted by dj43:
Only their agents can answer that question.

Based on past experience, it would not seem likely Crabtree would take less than top 5 money. Fitz and Megatron got $16+MILLION = another world. Harvin, Wallace, Bowe and Brandon Marshal were in the $11-12MILLION range. Marshall is clearly better but I would bet Crabtree is going to demand something close to the $12.9MILLION/yr that Harvin got. Even Bowe money ($11.2) will stretch the cap. I hope he has had some "coming to Jesus" moments and doesn't demand that kind of money but that is where the league average is right now and the fact Harbaugh called him the "greatest pass catcher" in the league certainly sets the stage for some hard ball.

Kaepernick is the best shot for some savings. Do a heavy incentive laden contract that starts low. Luck is getting $5.5MILLION/yr and is arguably a better QB. Give CK that plus a lot of performance incentives. If he demands Tony Romo money then you draft a QB high and let him play out his deal. If he begins to play like an $18MILLION QB but in the meantime, he has to earn it.

Luck is on his rookie deal, which is slotted and based on a formula. What Luck is getting on his rookie deal is totally irrelevant to what any QB should get or expect on their second contract. It's like saying Kap should sign for 500k a year because that's what Wilson is getting and Kap isn't significantly better than Wilson. The question is if the team believes Kap is as good as Cutler, Flacco, Stafford, Romo, etc. If so 18 mil per or so it is. That's reality.

Agreed about Crabs though. Good comparisons.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

• AZ9er
  • Veteran
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
As I stated at nausea during the game: You must believe.

I know you guys remember the lean years. Some of you remember the wars against the Cowboys during the 90s. And some of you recall the time before Walsh. We as a collective have seen worse then this. I know it hurts, but we'll be okay.
hold me.
Originally posted by fropwns:
As I stated at nausea during the game: You must believe.

I know you guys remember the lean years. Some of you remember the wars against the Cowboys during the 90s. And some of you recall the time before Walsh. We as a collective have seen worse then this. I know it hurts, but we'll be okay.

I admit after the 4th down TD to Kearse I did not want to watch the game anymore. I knew deep down we werent going to win. Im concerned with my fanship
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by SofaKing:
hold me.

We're going to be all right.

Originally posted by spizzy:
I admit after the 4th down TD to Kearse I did not want to watch the game anymore. I knew deep down we werent going to win. Im concerned with my fanship

No, you're a human. Today, you like me, still love 'em! You'll be aight.
after being a 49ers for a long time, i got to see which team hate the 49ers and which team doesn't. What i don't understand is why are there people who watch football and doesn't root for a team hate the 49ers? the 49ers have been sucking for so long until 3 years ago and now everyone is hating. why?

I love Niners, but they are the new Eagles....aka Chokers. 1-2 in NFC Championship games is pathetic, not to mention losing the SB...if anything they will be remember for the unit that ended the perfect record in the SB. Love my team, but I don't like chokers. I think the window closed last night. 8 or 9 win team next season.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
after being a 49ers for a long time, i got to see which team hate the 49ers and which team doesn't. What i don't understand is why are there people who watch football and doesn't root for a team hate the 49ers? the 49ers have been sucking for so long until 3 years ago and now everyone is hating. why?

Glamour city glamour franchise greatest alumni greatest legacy 5 Lombardis Walsh Rice Young Lott. It is like we are the Lakers! Everyone from all the rest of these grab locales throughout this country hate on the 49ers and the Bay Area because they just don't measure up. Kind of like Oakland denizens hate San Franciscans. There is plenty of jealousy and envy of the 49ers storied history and San Francisco in general
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by The49erMan:
I love Niners, but they are the new Eagles....aka Chokers. 1-2 in NFC Championship games is pathetic, not to mention losing the SB...if anything they will be remember for the unit that ended the perfect record in the SB. Love my team, but I don't like chokers. I think the window closed last night. 8 or 9 win team next season.

Feel your pain, but you must believe.
Who is hating? I don't have many 49er friends here in illinois and they were overwhelmingly against the Seahawks. But understand 5 SB wins will get some resentment/hate
I think the window closed last night. We are the new Eagle's of the NFL.. going 1-2 in NFC Championship games is pathetic. Then losing the SB, very more embarrassing. I love my team, but let's be realistic we won't be returning anytime soon. Oh, and if Kap wants 18 million per, lethim walk. 6-8 million per
[ Edited by The49erMan on Jan 20, 2014 at 9:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone