LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 287 users in the forums

Views from Titletown

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Pack knocked us out of the playoffs in 95, 96, 97, 01, I would say it's payback time.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Their running backs...

Are fatter than our O-Linemen

we are gonna whip the packers
Morris!
Usually we destroy opposing fans here, but Packers fans are pretty cool. Unlike those loser fans from Seattle. We hate those freaks. At least GB fans have a reason to be excited (multiple superbowls). SEA fans have nothing to celebrate. It's so funny how pathetic they are.
I think GB has the advantage in this game due to the home field and weather, coupled now with a run game, so they will be a tougher opponent than in the 1st game of the year. IMO

I would not be surprised if we lost a close one.
Originally posted by THEB:
Their running backs...

Are fatter than our O-Linemen

Will Tukuafu is big but muscular and not fat. Lacy is a fat a** in that picture.
Any given Sunday.. I hope the niners aren't looking at the stats thinking they are just going to just come in and roll the Pack, last time I checked they still have Aaron Rodgers and collarbone or not, he's still arguably the best and can dominate. I think we win this one because of their shortcomings on D but you have to believe Rodgers is thinking to himself "There is no WAY I get booted from the playoffs from the Niners two years in a row and lose 4 straight to them." I expect him to play out of his mind on Sunday.
Originally posted by WashDCNinerFan:
Will Tukuafu is big but muscular and not fat. Lacy is a fat a** in that picture.

Will is a DE
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
I think GB has the advantage in this game due to the home field and weather, coupled now with a run game, so they will be a tougher opponent than in the 1st game of the year. IMO

I would not be surprised if we lost a close one.
And you don't think with Crabtree back and having three actual NFL WRs wont make us a better team than the first time around and Kap having matured another 15 games as well?

Thanks to the OP for his honest insight and respectful interaction, refreshing from an opposing fan.

Throw away stats and the season. It's a new season and both the Pack and Niners are 0-0. There's a distinct advantage in braving the elements and it starts with your mind. How much can you endure, time after time after time? Peeps forget about where the players hung their helmets during their college careers. Many on both teams have come from bitter elements. However, both QBs have been through frigid weather with Rodgers have much more experience at the NFL level. Can the Niners endure? Of course. They were built for this. This is where our OL will be tested to fulfill the expectations when they were drafted, each of them.

IMO, the GB DL will be ready with "Any Given Sunday" as their mantra. They have been here before especially Raji. I've seen him since his days at BC. He can turn on a dime or like a microwave, become instantly hot. I don't trust his inconsistency. In addition. I think the Capers will challenge Kap's arm more so than Gore's legs and that's where Roman's play calling will be extremely important as the start of a plan. It's up to Kap to execute ALL options of that attack plan. Run or pass within the play clock and on a timely fashion will dictate our success on offense. Kap will find the mismatches... it's whether or not he has time to change the play quickly enough to do damage. Expect another "FacePalm" serious of strenuous stress and anxiety as we use our needed timeouts.

Even with that on offense, it's our secondary who is in the spotlight as a result of both Rodgers and Cobb's return. I'll be honest, I don't believe that our D would be susceptible to that last play at Chicago because of our safeties especially the "heady" rookie, Reid. We are much more disciplined, yet I have seen our secondary be flawed and it can become our weakness. Still, I think we will see many 2-4-5 or 3-2-6 formations using all of our secondary unit at one time or another given Rodgers and their passing attack. With that said, the word of the game is "TACKLE". We have to tackle after the receptions and keep the YAC down to a minimum. The other variable that I see compared to last year is that we will have more rotation within all facets of the D, DL. LB, and CBs. We have serious depth so I see more subs than normal. In fact, I believe the Niners FO drafted and signed players this years for that reason and now, we will see if Baalke's plan worked.

So back to my previous points about the elements: Throw out all old stats and the season. It's a new season as I said and each will rise to the occasion based on their physical ability and mental stamina. I believe that on both those levels, we win.

Therefore, we will endure and win even after Rodgers attempted heroics because that's him. A hero who can single-highhandedly change a game. He can and that's why he's scary. But this game is not about an individual.

Coach Bo Schembechler said it best... "No man is more important that the team. No coach is more important than the team. The Team, the Team, the Team."

Our team is better.

Go Niners!!!!!
Originally posted by fudgepackerdave:
Lacy = field day vs 49ers

How do you figure? The 49ers don't exactly have a Swiss cheese run defense. Might wanna watch some football, then comment.
Originally posted by Empire49:

How do you figure? The 49ers don't exactly have a Swiss cheese run defense. Might wanna watch some football, then comment.

the only logical reading of that statement is that he means the 49ers defense is going to have a field day against Lacey, playing on a bum ankle, who had to leave the game against CHI because of the cold. He ain't doin' s**t against us.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

the only logical reading of that statement is that he means the 49ers defense is going to have a field day against Lacey, playing on a bum ankle, who had to leave the game against CHI because of the cold. He ain't doin' s**t against us.
lol, he left the game because his hand went numb on a day when it was well above zero. jim taylor and ken willard are rolling right now.

His name's Dave, by the way. And I wouldn't hold your breath waiting to a response.
Share 49ersWebzone