LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 358 users in the forums

We're in good shape to keep 6th seed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
won't matter. AIN'T NO ONE WINNING IN SEATTLE! All we can hope for is Denver or NE to beat them in the ship.
This season has maybe a 1% chance of ending in a Superbowl victory. Having to do something like the following:

Playoff round 1: Win @ Dallas
Playoff round 2: Win @ Saints
Playoff round 3: Win @ Seattle
Superbowl in cold NYC: vs. Pats, Broncos, Chiefs (thats all i see coming out of AFC at the most).

So essentially 4 road games in a row, with 2 of those vs. teams with the best home records in the league (Seattle, Saints). I personally will hope we can do it, but realistically the way to reach the superbowl was to finish #1 or #2 seed in NFC.
You guys all realize that even with the 5th seed, we still play Seattle in the divisional round unless the 6th seed also wins, right? The question then becomes would you rather play Dallas/Philly or Detroit?

I'd rather play Detroit, then Dallas then Philly. So, as it is now, I prefer the 6th seed. Just IMO
[ Edited by MachMan on Dec 4, 2013 at 6:46 AM ]
Dallas/Philly of course. Detroit is very talented, they can beat anyone if they want to...Boys and Eagles do profit more from their division rather the talent on the roster. Imo, we would destroy the Boys-D
Originally posted by communist:
Dallas/Philly of course. Detroit is very talented, they can beat anyone if they want to...Boys and Eagles do profit more from their division rather the talent on the roster. Imo, we would destroy the Boys-D

I wanna see us play the Eagles, I have a feeling our defense will bully them for 4 qtrs

but it would be great to play the Cowboys ..it would be just like old times ...plus I'm still bitter over losing to them in 2011, we had them f*ckers beat , and the cowboys fans drowned out our fans at the stick ....one of the worst days to be a 49ers fan, I wanna see us punish them to make up for that disgusting day
I can see us making it to the NFC Championship game, but this is a tough one. If they can do it, though, this will go down as one of the greatest 49ers seasons in team history.
[ Edited by vermonator on Dec 4, 2013 at 8:23 AM ]
I hope we get 5th seed.
That way Carolina/New Orleans/Dallas/Philadelphia/Detroit plays Seattle in the Divisional. More time for our team to heal up.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
I hope we get 5th seed.
That way Carolina/New Orleans/Dallas/Philadelphia/Detroit plays Seattle in the Divisional. More time for our team to heal up.

I don't think you understand how this works.

If we win as the 5th seed, we still play Seattle unless the 6th seed wins. There is no way Dallas/Philly/Detroit play Seattle if we win as a wild card. Only New Orleans or Carolina could play Seattle instead of us, if they win as a wild card and we're the 5th seed.

The 1st seed plays the worst seed remaining after the wild card round. If we beat the 4th as a 5th, but the 3rd wins, we still play Seattle. If we win as a 6th, we play Seattle no matter what.
[ Edited by MachMan on Dec 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
This season has maybe a 1% chance of ending in a Superbowl victory. Having to do something like the following:

Playoff round 1: Win @ Dallas
Playoff round 2: Win @ Saints
Playoff round 3: Win @ Seattle
Superbowl in cold NYC: vs. Pats, Broncos, Chiefs (thats all i see coming out of AFC at the most).

So essentially 4 road games in a row, with 2 of those vs. teams with the best home records in the league (Seattle, Saints). I personally will hope we can do it, but realistically the way to reach the superbowl was to finish #1 or #2 seed in NFC.

It's been done before. Like last year.
If we win out and the 'Hawks lose 3 of their last 4 then we have a superb shot at the #1 or #2 seeds.

I've been predicting us winning this Sunday and the 'Hawks losing @ Giants all season. We just need the upstart Cards or Rams to stage an upset at Century Link.

But yeah, if you have to rely on other teams to get where you want to be then you probably don't deserve it.

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
If we win out and the 'Hawks lose 3 of their last 4 then we have a superb shot at the #1 or #2 seeds.

I've been predicting us winning this Sunday and the 'Hawks losing @ Giants all season. We just need the upstart Cards or Rams to stage an upset at Century Link.

But yeah, if you have to rely on other teams to get where you want to be then you probably don't deserve it.

the way i see it, seattle relied on us fking up early to get that lead they got......
I want 5 seed so Carolina can go up there and those teams can beat the hell out of each other.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Dec 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
won't matter. AIN'T NO ONE WINNING IN SEATTLE! All we can hope for is Denver or NE to beat them in the ship.

get out of here. we can take them. it was a stubborn game til like less than 10 minutes left in that game and we didnt have crabs, mario, lost vd most of the game, starting NT out and a few others. at full strength we will smash on these fools
Great post
Originally posted by crabman82:
we're fine for the 6th seed. i'm actually hoping to grab that 5th seed since the panthers and saints play twice coming up. i'd like to avoid seattle in the divisional round if at all possible.

I agree. I'd prefer the Seattle matchup be the NFC championship game. Would die laughing if the Hacks poop the bed in the playoffs like they did last year.
Share 49ersWebzone