LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 193 users in the forums

We're in good shape to keep 6th seed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Thanks, good post!

This. Go 49ers
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Regarding Arizona. If Seattle wins these next 2 games that game against Arizona will be irrelevant to them because they already would have everything clinched. If we lose to Seattle there's a strong likelihood week 17 will be for a playoff spot.
you really think seattle will roll over for a division rival at home?
Originally posted by MachMan:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Regarding Arizona. If Seattle wins these next 2 games that game against Arizona will be irrelevant to them because they already would have everything clinched. If we lose to Seattle there's a strong likelihood week 17 will be for a playoff spot.

yeah that aint happening.
The end could surprise. Seahawks may very well lose two straight @ SF @ NYG and get ambushed by the Rams or Cards. Saints may lose at the Rams, split with the Panthers...we could end up with #1 :) 10% chance of it happening, but that's still good odds.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
The end could surprise. Seahawks may very well lose two straight @ SF @ NYG and get ambushed by the Rams or Cards. Saints may lose at the Rams, split with the Panthers...we could end up with #1 :) 10% chance of it happening, but that's still good odds.

10% chance of getting the 1? That is what you give us? More like 1% chance.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

10% chance of getting the 1? That is what you give us? More like 1% chance.

The only inconceivable scenario is the 'Hawks losing at home. And we'd need to win out, and that's a big if. But it's not impossible. Giants are always game at home and if they're in the right mind set they can smash any team in the league.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Dec 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM ]
.0001% chance
f**king nfl screwed us in that saints game.

Wtf was that ref thinking throwing a flag there. God damnit.
Saints can beat panthers twice. Panthers can stumble out of the 5 spot.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
Saints can beat panthers twice. Panthers can stumble out of the 5 spot.

Hope that happens. Cam annoys me when he gets a first down.

I would prefer the Panthers win the South, the Saints stink it up to the 6th seed, We secure the 5th and if we get by the WC round, go into Charlotte and win a SLUGFEST vs the ONE DIMENSIONAL Panthers, go into the CLINK NFC title game vs the Seachickens winner take all atmosphere.
If the Niners stumble into the play-offs, I don't see us going any further. IMHO, We need to go in hot and win out to get to the Superbowl, no matter what seed it is. If we lose even one game, it's going to leave a mark on this team's psyche. Sure anything can happen if they can just make it to the tournament, but the odds are stacked against them, and history show's the stumblers don't last in the post season. This Sunday's game is huge, despite any play-off implications, another loss to Seattle will be hard to come back from.
Originally posted by MachMan:

They'll rest their starters like most teams do in that situation.
Originally posted by crabman82:
we're fine for the 6th seed. i'm actually hoping to grab that 5th seed since the panthers and saints play twice coming up. i'd like to avoid seattle in the divisional round if at all possible.

Seattle would get the lowest remaining seed after WC Weekend. So in order to avoid SEA in the 2nd round the 49ers need the #5 spot AND need the #6 seed to win their game as well.
As far as I'm concerned, the 49ers better treat this game like do or die, if they choke, the the Chickens virtually lock up the 1 seed and may rest players vs the Cards which could really hurt the 49ers as well assuming AZ can go into the clink and pull off a shocker.
Share 49ersWebzone