LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 258 users in the forums

McBath to IR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
McBath was only going to work on STs if he made it. I think Ventrone has a better shot now. Robinson in my opinion has not played well enough to deserve a roster spot. He constantly gets trucked, misses tsckles, and really doesn't provide any promise as a playmaker in any one area. There are better players on the roster, players with more potential, and likely will be better players available on waivers during final cuts.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Let him keep 35.
As I recall, Holland had a nose for the play, but was very undersized. I don't see how he would be effective for anything but STs. Strange move. Rather roll with 57 and 54... but whatever.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
welp, there goes #6
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
As I recall, Holland had a nose for the play, but was very undersized. I don't see how he would be effective for anything but STs. Strange move. Rather roll with 57 and 54... but whatever.

Probably nothing more than trying to keep the practices running at full capacity or trying to field a team for game 4. Remember will be all backups minus like 1 series and Wilhoite/Moody seem to be locks or close to it so all they have is Stupar and Travis Johnson who hasn't played at all. He might be hurt. So probably want someone at ILB since maybe they don't want to play Wilhoite and Moody much if they are locks. They both got a ton of playing time already. Stupar as well who seems like a PS lock.

OTC, as for safety seems like McBath disappeared this offseason. Didn't hear much about him or see him in games too much. Haven't watched Robinson much but wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I don't think Ventrone has much of a shot. Haven't seen him play much at all. I would think if Robinson doesn't get it Michael Thomas has the best shot. He was playing nickel CB as well so we all know how much they love versatility. Seen him on ST as well. For all we know though could just go with Reid, Whitner, Dahl, Spillman and use the extra spot for another position. Dahl and Spillman can back up both safety spots so could live with just 2 backups.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
didn't even know he was on the team, lll
Originally posted by susweel:

And you call yourself a fan, and over 50,000 posts, we should reduce Sus's post count to 1,000.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

And you call yourself a fan, and over 50,000 posts, we should reduce Sus's post count to 1,000.

I'm not a fan I'm just here for the NSFW pics in the parking lot. lol
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I'm not a fan I'm just here for the NSFW pics in the parking lot. lol

Figures. Also need to take the veteran label off then,
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
DAMN!!!

OK...this is gonna sound totally stupid....

...but I have been waiting for McBath to get cut (he's not one of the top 4 safeties) so that Eric Reid could take his number. LOL. I hate #35.

Totally meaningless...but that was my first reaction. LOL.

Reid looks like a #41 IMO

That is exactly what I was thinking, or at least have a number in the 40's.

I think 41 would look good on Reid

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
DAMN!!!

OK...this is gonna sound totally stupid....

...but I have been waiting for McBath to get cut (he's not one of the top 4 safeties) so that Eric Reid could take his number. LOL. I hate #35.

Totally meaningless...but that was my first reaction. LOL.

Reid looks like a #41 IMO

That is exactly what I was thinking, or at least have a number in the 40's.

I think 41 would look good on Reid

I think Ventrone wearing it now. My guess is he's waiting for someone to vacate a number.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
welp, there goes #6

i knew that the moment Crabs got hurt....
that pissed me off more than the lost SB ( just personal opinion )
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KK49:
i knew that the moment Crabs got hurt....
that pissed me off more than the lost SB ( just personal opinion )

look on the bright side man. if we manage to get by without crabs, we'll get him back when it matters most.
Matt Barrows‏
@mattbarrows 27m #49ers reach an injury settlement with S Darcel McBath (foot), per league source. That means he can re-sign with team later this year...

Does that mean #28 is free!?!

LOL. PLEASE get #35 off Reid. I hate it.
Matt Barrows‏
@mattbarrows 27m #49ers reach an injury settlement with S Darcel McBath (foot), per league source. That means he can re-sign with team later this year...

Does that mean #28 is free!?!

LOL. PLEASE get #35 off Reid. I hate it.

Injury Settlement should be $210,768 if my numbers and the NFLPA top 51 report are correct.
Share 49ersWebzone