LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 607 users in the forums

McBath to IR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
anyone see this.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/60297-49ers-place-darcel-mcbath/
no, but I'm not finding the nearest cliff, if that's what you mean
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Place-S-Darcel-McBath-on-IR/1dba25e3-5127-40e5-8a87-1a1ab9a8ccc3

Claimed LB Joe Holland off waivers.
We signed him to a 1 year 630k deal back in March. I haven't keyed in on him but he seems to have disappeared. Not sure I get the point in even keeping him around. Same with Fleming. Is it something to do with an injury settlement when cutting a hurt player?

Holland didnt do too bad last pre-season. I guess just trying to keep practices running and have enough guys for game 4. I don't believe Travis Johnson has even got to play yet.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 22, 2013 at 1:53 PM ]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Place-S-Darcel-McBath-on-IR/1dba25e3-5127-40e5-8a87-1a1ab9a8ccc3

Claimed LB Joe Holland off waivers.

ST signing.
Didnt even know he was still on the team
DAMN!!!

OK...this is gonna sound totally stupid....

...but I have been waiting for McBath to get cut (he's not one of the top 4 safeties) so that Eric Reid could take his number. LOL. I hate #35.

Totally meaningless...but that was my first reaction. LOL.
Holland's contract, for those are wondering, is for 2yrs $405K(13) and $495K(14)
Originally posted by Marvin49:
DAMN!!!

...but I have been waiting for McBath to get cut (he's not one of the top 4 safeties) so that Eric Reid could take his number. LOL. I hate #35.

Reid looks like a #41 IMO

DAMN!!!

Yeah 35 looks weird on him but I don't think I'd like 28 any better. 33 could be open, 30 if Robinson doesnt make it, 36, 38, 41. Not sure which I'd prefer, need a photoshop expert. I'd take any of those over 35 though.. I'd say 41 would fit him... maybe 33? Odds are he changes it though. I believe he is one of few guys on official roster that doesnt have a number listed. Think it was a forgone conclusion he would change it like Aldon Smith with 48.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM ]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Holland's contract, for those are wondering, is for 2yrs $405K(13) and $495K(14)

So if there are no guarantees how much would he get if he got cut August 27 or August 31? Would there be dead money for 2014? Thanks in advance AB
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
DAMN!!!

Reid looks like a #41 IMO

I'm wondering whats gonna happen with Nnamdi. He's wearing #24 right now and I think Dixon will make the team. Makes me wonder if Nnamdi is making sure he AND Dixon make the team before paying Dixon off for the number.

So...to get Reid a number in the 20's...

Cox will make the team, Gore of course, Rogers not going anywhere, James is a keeper, Nnamdi and Dixon fight it out, Brown probably gets new contract, Brock probably has a spot, Spillman is a ST ace, McBath now on IR and Culliver already on IR. DAMN!!!!

lol.
DAMN!!!

I was thinking the same thing too..I wonder if he could still take his number?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
DAMN!!!

Yeah 35 looks weird on him but I don't think I'd like 28 any better. 33 could be open, 30 if Robinson doesnt make it, 36, 38, 41. Not sure which I'd prefer, need a photoshop expert.

Two guys have 38 now...and one is Marcus Lattimore. I don't like that number either. LOL.
Share 49ersWebzone