There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which QB should be cut?

Which QB should be cut?

Cut Both Tolzein and McCoy and keep 2 QB's Kaepernick and Daniels
TOASTIEN
Originally posted by Kolohe:
None, its Preseason not all back ups know their jobs like the starters do, I think you guys need to relax with the axe.

Now all of a sudden Daniels is getting praise like the next Nate Davis lol.

LOL great analogy.
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
Cut Both Tolzein and McCoy and keep 2 QB's Kaepernick and Daniels

LOL, of course, so if Kaepernick goes down, the 49ers have a raw, 7th round rookie, known for his inconsistency throughout his college career, ready to step in......can you say Championship?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think McCoy is far more suited to play "Alex ball" than Tolzien is.

+1. This. McCoy has the game experience and I think Harbaugh can get the best out of him if/when needed...Tolzien, going on Year 3 in Harbaugh/Roman's system, doesn't look like he's progressing and has serious arm talent limitations.
Where's the Kaepernick option?
I'm not sure who deserves the #2 QB job. Either Tolzien or McCoy needs to step up. But the #3 QB should be BJ Daniels!

Do I want to see him play QB in a regular season game this season? Hell no. But he is a better developmental prospect than Tolzien and he can contribute on game day on special teams. He can also serve multiple backup/practice roles. His skillset is simply more valuable and more deserving of a roster spot.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
None, its Preseason not all back ups know their jobs like the starters do, I think you guys need to relax with the axe.

Now all of a sudden Daniels is getting praise like the next Nate Davis lol.

if by praise you mean a roster spot as the third qb then damn straught he deserves it. Tolzien has been here three years and looks completely lost out there.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
None, its Preseason not all back ups know their jobs like the starters do, I think you guys need to relax with the axe.

Now all of a sudden Daniels is getting praise like the next Nate Davis lol.

LOL great analogy.

I love how if we praise daniels as a good #3 QB then all of a sudden its compared to nate davis.

People wanted davis to START!! big f**kin difference
Originally posted by Kolohe:
None, its Preseason not all back ups know their jobs like the starters do, I think you guys need to relax with the axe.

Now all of a sudden Daniels is getting praise like the next Nate Davis lol.

People wanted nate davis to start, wanting BJ Daniels to be the back up is a big difference.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
+1. This. McCoy has the game experience and I think Harbaugh can get the best out of him if/when needed...Tolzien, going on Year 3 in Harbaugh/Roman's system, doesn't look like he's progressing and has serious arm talent limitations.

McCoy's game experience is his problem, every time he takes a snap he's thinkin about that James Harrison hit. He's so shaky in the pocket!
tolzien has to go.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I love how if we praise daniels as a good #3 QB then all of a sudden its compared to nate davis.

People wanted davis to START!! big f**kin difference

Sorry, I didn't see this but I said the exact same thing, yeah it's a big big difference!
You either have to have previous proof that you can play in the NFL, or show signs of promise. McCoy has past proof, and Daniels is showing promise. Tolzien has done neither. If you havent proven anything, or shown signs of something, you dont have any business on a contender.
Cut Tolzien. The guy throws so many ducks I can hear them kwak from my TV screen. By year 3, he has enough time in the system to grab hold of the #2 job and he hasn't. Time to upgrade and give his spot to Daniels, a superior athlete.