There are 134 users in the forums

Which QB should be cut?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which QB should be cut?

Tolzein has a noodle for an arm and should have been picked a few times now if not for drops. Colt has experience and scrambles well but has limited skills throwing. BJ Daniels displays skills running and throwing but is very green. So who gets cut first?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
that douchebag from Texas should be cut.
Tolzien by far. I'm rewatching the game and McCoy didn't play nearly as bad as some say, he had plays called back because of OL penalties, poor OL blocking, he did what he could for the most part. McCoy also has 21 games started and the necessary mobility to get away from pressure.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
None, its Preseason not all back ups know their jobs like the starters do, I think you guys need to relax with the axe.

Now all of a sudden Daniels is getting praise like the next Nate Davis lol.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
None, its Preseason not all back ups know their jobs like the starters do, I think you guys need to relax with the axe.

Now all of a sudden Daniels is getting praise like the next Nate Davis lol.
haha. actually i think most posters are just happy that someone finally gave us a a ray of hope. yes I know it was the third stringers but at least its a ray of hope as compared to the horrid efforts of the other two guys.maybe the guy earned more playing time for the next game. i would be ok if ck played at least two quarters and then daniels took over. i think ck needs the work and I want to see more out of daniels,, i am afraid we already know what we got with the other two
Originally posted by cciowa:
haha. actually i think most posters are just happy that someone finally gave us a a ray of hope. yes I know it was the third stringers but at least its a ray of hope as compared to the horrid efforts of the other two guys.maybe the guy earned more playing time for the next game. i would be ok if ck played at least two quarters and then daniels took over. i think ck needs the work and I want to see more out of daniels,, i am afraid we already know what we got with the other two

I disagree. I want to see McCoy get some time with the first team OL and offense. Like I said, he really didn't play all that badly if you watch the game, he got put into a lot of bad spots, he was able to get himself out of trouble a few times using his feet and running with it.

Daniels certainly played well, well enough I think to make him the favorite for the #3 QB spot, but nothing more than that. He's got talent, but he's raw, and in college, his calling card was inconsistency, he could easily put together a few drives like the one he did late last night, and then come back the next game and get intercepted 3 times. He runs very hot and cold, I'm intrigued in his potential and talent, but people really need to hold off on the coronation ceremony.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I disagree. I want to see McCoy get some time with the first team OL and offense. Like I said, he really didn't play all that badly if you watch the game, he got put into a lot of bad spots, he was able to get himself out of trouble a few times using his feet and running with it.

Daniels certainly played well, well enough I think to make him the favorite for the #3 QB

yes,, you are right with mccoy,. sorry and thank you for the correction, i like the kid and with the his nfl experience i hope he does make our roster. I tend to throw blankets over stuff so thank you for redirecting me back
  • buck
  • Veteran
It would be interesting to a shotgun formation with Kaepernick, Daniels, and Gray in the backfield.

At the least, it would cause the opponent to use a time out.
Originally posted by cciowa:
yes,, you are right with mccoy,. sorry and thank you for the correction, i like the kid and with the his nfl experience i hope he does make our roster. I tend to throw blankets over stuff so thank you for redirecting me back

Tolzien has shocked me the most. He's literally entering his 3RD SEASON with this team, he should have everything down pat, yet he still looks lost out there, if anything, he seems to have regressed. As far as I'm concerned, its adios amigo.
Tolzien

[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Aug 17, 2013 at 12:34 PM ]

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Tolzien has shocked me the most. He's literally entering his 3RD SEASON with this team, he should have everything down pat, yet he still looks lost out there, if anything, he seems to have regressed. As far as I'm concerned, its adios amigo.

I agree and i would think even his most diehard supporters can not argue. However I am sure there will be a big mushroom cloud over the webzone when he gets cut and many will cry that the pats or seattle will pick him up, make him a quarterback and he will give away all of our secrets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well I'll just say I'm gonna let Preseason decide who gets the ax and who stays. But If cuts were tomorrow and money wasn't the issue I'd say McCoy, hes shown the least outta the three, but Daniel needs to show more, even Tolzien has had good drives in Preseason before. In the end I think Tolzien will be released only because money will be an issue with McCoy and the reason a 5th round pick was spent on him. Daniels you could stick on the PS but would be too risky for sure.
Well I'll just say I'm gonna let Preseason decide who gets the ax and who stays. But If cuts were tomorrow and money wasn't the issue I'd say McCoy, hes shown the least outta the three, but Daniel needs to show more, even Tolzien has had good drives in Preseason before. In the end I think Tolzien will be released only because money will be an issue with McCoy and the reason a 5th round pick was spent on him. Daniels you could stick on the PS but would be too risky for sure.

I think McCoy is far more suited to play "Alex ball" than Tolzien is.
Redundant poll
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i understand the money issue but it just disturbs me to hear we may have to keep inferior people like scott and jenkins(assuming they do not improve much in the rest of the pre season games). due to money when you got other guys who have worked harder, have produced more and have earned playing time with the first unit,, and those guys may have to go while we keep inferior people. I would think that would weaken us. again i get the money and salary cap issue ,, it just makes me sad to think of it. maybe money and the salary cap has changed the theory of keeping the best players and cutting those who just have not earned it
Share 49ersWebzone