LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 249 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I disagree completely. Why do people keep saying this nonsense? The defense killed it on Sunday, the offense let the entire team down. 49ers kept Seattle to 5 points(2 from the offense)....so basically 3 points for the entire 1st half. Russell Wilson was harassed and hurried, hit often, as poorly as the offense looked, Fangio had the defense on point. By the end of the 3rd quarter, Seattle only had 12 points....well 10 if you take away the safety. If you told me that the 49ers defense would hold Seattle to 10 points after 3 quarters and that Russell Wilson had a QB rating of around 20 at that same junction in the game, I'd expect the 49ers to be up big.

The defense did their job, its not their fault that Roman worked up the gameplan in between games of solitaire, on his Friday morning coffee break, or at least that is what it seemed like, an absolutely piss poor job of playcalling with absolutely no imagination whatsoever.

Like.
all we need to do is win the re-match at home vs seattle. if that happens we'll be fine, we can keep pace with them. they got harder road games than us.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I disagree completely. Why do people keep saying this nonsense? The defense killed it on Sunday, the offense let the entire team down. 49ers kept Seattle to 5 points(2 from the offense)....so basically 3 points for the entire 1st half. Russell Wilson was harassed and hurried, hit often, as poorly as the offense looked, Fangio had the defense on point. By the end of the 3rd quarter, Seattle only had 12 points....well 10 if you take away the safety. If you told me that the 49ers defense would hold Seattle to 10 points after 3 quarters and that Russell Wilson had a QB rating of around 20 at that same junction in the game, I'd expect the 49ers to be up big.

The defense did their job, its not their fault that Roman worked up the gameplan in between games of solitaire, on his Friday morning coffee break, or at least that is what it seemed like, an absolutely piss poor job of playcalling with absolutely no imagination whatsoever.

Like.
i screwed up and i am sorry. the defense did play well till the second half and that was only because the offense was so bad, the guys were on the field to long. i tend to put a blanket over lots of stuff and this time I should not have done it. some of the guys on defense upset me with some bad penalties and i did not like to see them lose their cool but thats football and they were upset. i think i was trying to say no one should have been singled out cuz it was a team loss. the way i said it was wrong, the defense did play well and i thank phoenix for properly talking me to the wood shed
Originally posted by NYVAGIANTSSUCK:
Honestly we are the Jets of the NFC, and the Seahawks are the Patriots of the NFC. I think we might need to do something soon or else we are f**ked.

Quit being a FortyVaginer.
Originally posted by crabman82:
all we need to do is win the re-match at home vs seattle. if that happens we'll be fine, we can keep pace with them. they got harder road games than us.

Exactly, the pressure is still all on Seattle in my opinion. They have to win all 8 at home or they're done. In my opinion they have to secure home field in the playoffs or they're done. Without the huge communication advantage they get along with the jump off the ball the defensive line gets at home they'll struggle. Make no mistake about it, the advantage that team gets at home is very real and a very large factor on the game so they should be able to get it done but winning 16 straight home games without slipping up and beating yourself just once has got to be tough.
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Exactly, the pressure is still all on Seattle in my opinion. They have to win all 8 at home or they're done. In my opinion they have to secure home field in the playoffs or they're done. Without the huge communication advantage they get along with the jump off the ball the defensive line gets at home they'll struggle. Make no mistake about it, the advantage that team gets at home is very real and a very large factor on the game so they should be able to get it done but winning 16 straight home games without slipping up and beating yourself just once has got to be tough.

Yeah I get the bad feeling they are a dynasty in the making....
Originally posted by NYVAGIANTSSUCK:
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Yeah I get the bad feeling they are a dynasty in the making....

there are no dynasties anymore. if you're lucky you can win 2 out of 5.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Its only the beginning of the season, teams go 0-3 and make the playoffs. I've also seen teams 5-0 and NOT make the playoffs.
Honestly, I'd rather we deal with these problems in Week 2 instead of Week 16. As long as you take every game seriously, there's plenty of time to dust yourself off, pick yourself up, build depth, learn, and move on.
Originally posted by Protoman:
Honestly, I'd rather we deal with these problems in Week 2 instead of Week 16. As long as you take every game seriously, there's plenty of time to dust yourself off, pick yourself up, build depth, learn, and move on.

exactly. we need to get back to basics on offense, we try to run all these cute plays that done work. do what worked last year with smith and sprinkle in some of what kap does well and we have a complete offense. they need to get back to ground and pound/ball control and take a shot downfield every once in a while

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Its only the beginning of the season, teams go 0-3 and make the playoffs. I've also seen teams 5-0 and NOT make the playoffs.

The Packers went 15-1 in 2011 and got blown out in the divisional by the Giants that went 9-7 two years ago.

The same Giants that beat us in the NFCC and won the Super Bowl on top of it.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Only 3 teams since '90 have made the playoffs after an 0-3 start. The '92 San Diego Chargers, the '95 Detroit Lions, and the '98 Buffalo Bills. Only 5 teams since '90 have missed the playoffs after starting 5-0. The '09 Giants and Saints, the '03 Vikings and the '93 Saints.
I agree that the defense played really well. Seattle's offense was on the field for about 37-38mins, so that's a long time for any defense to hold up. Plus injuries were mounting and all that. Overall, if it wasn't for the 49ers defense in Seattle's homefield, the score would have been more one-sided...if that's possible.

From Harbaugh's point of view, Kaep played as well as he could...who knows really. True that none of our avg WRs were open most of the time, but great teams still find a way. This goes for coaches and players. If there is any silver lining, it's that this is the 2nd game.
The next 7 games, in my opinion are all winnable.
Maybe it's just the being in SEA thing, but honestly, our coaches failed on every level you can measure....game planning, game calls, Kap's coaching preparation....I think his robot-like play may have been because he was overcoached. Also, I think the coaches are enamored wth Kap's cannon, when we should be running WCO, which we have the players for and occasionally, let Kap air one out. Up in SEA twice, and game plan is go deep against best D in league? Wow what are they thinking?

Kap going long of first down, 2nd down and then a 3 yrd pass on 3rd down....that is the best they can do in SEA? I don't believe it. These guys are way better than they have coached up there. Maybe it's a pride thing to throw the ball 80 yds, but that doesn't win ballgames, esp in SEA. I'm not the only one to see that....heck half the board has said it. What gives with Coach H?
Originally posted by Protoman:

The Packers went 15-1 in 2011 and got blown out in the divisional by the Giants that went 9-7 two years ago.

The same Giants that beat us in the NFCC and won the Super Bowl on top of it.

And don't forget the Giants in 2012 cracking us in the mouth at home last year when Alex Smith had one of the worst games of his career with 3 int. They pummeled us in our house as bad as the Seahawks did at the Clit this past Sunday.

Sometimes teams just have our number but where did we go last year? To the SB!
Share 49ersWebzone