There are 188 users in the forums

Navarro Bowman ranked #3 Value Pick of the 2010 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bowman has been an absolute stud. I would say he's #2 because technically Cruz shouldn't count since he went undrafted. Glad we got you Navarro!!

http://www.profootballrosters.com/2013/05/29/2010-draft-class-revisited-part-ii-top-10-value-picks/
....GOTTA LOVE #53
And I'm sure there was reactions like this when we took him

"who?"
"what a reach"
"horrible pick"
"we could of gotten him much later"
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

"who?"
"what a reach"
"horrible pick"

I actually liked him
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
and we f**ked over dallas.
Bowman!!!

Not gonna lie, wasn't sure about him during the draft...and I love being wrong.

Now, if only AJ would prove me wrong.
Originally posted by Amir:
and we f**ked over dallas.

We never really f**ked Dallas over because they took Sean Lee who turned out to be a fantastic ILB as well... Frankly he should def. be in the top 10 on this list... Bowman is slightly better, and we got him a round later, but I doubt Dallas would have drafted another ILB after spending a second round pick on one the round before, and it's kind of baffling they chose Lee over Bowman in round 2 when they clearly had a first round grade on Bowman... The mind of Jerry Jones
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on May 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM ]
As I recall everyone was saying that Bowman was the steal of the draft. I forget why he even dropped to the 3rd.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
As I recall everyone was saying that Bowman was the steal of the draft. I forget why he even dropped to the 3rd.

Character concerns lol
Just for laughs, I went back and perused some of the threads from 2010. Hardly anyone was paying any attention to Bowman at all around here. Everyone was gaga over Taylor Mays. Most posters thought Mays was going to be the star and that Bowman wasn't fast enough. Funny. Some of my favorite threads from that year and the next year that I saw:

Taylor Mays is going to be a star!
Isn't it time to bench Anthony Davis?
Anthony Davis is a bust!
Why Troy will always be better than Alex.

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Just for laughs, I went back and perused some of the threads from 2010. Hardly anyone was paying any attention to Bowman at all around here. Everyone was gaga over Taylor Mays. Most posters thought Mays was going to be the star and that Bowman wasn't fast enough. Funny. Some of my favorite threads from that year and the next year that I saw:

Taylor Mays is going to be a star!
Isn't it time to bench Anthony Davis?
Anthony Davis is a bust!
Why Troy will always be better than Alex.

NinerTalk at its finest
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

"who?"
"what a reach"
"horrible pick"

I may have posted "Didn't expect that. Better fit for 4-3"

But I admit nothing.
I had no idea about him until he was drafted by the Niners at the time. Then read about him. Came from linebacker university of Penn state before it was infamous for something else. He had some personal issues and trouble that dropped him in the draft that had nothing to do on the field. But he has talent. Kudos to our scouting department. Those mid round guys can be a great find if the FO pay attention.
To be fair, when Bowman got on the team Takeo Spikes was doing just fine in the middle. It really wasn't until he took over for Spikes that most people noticed him.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
To be fair, when Bowman got on the team Takeo Spikes was doing just fine in the middle. It really wasn't until he took over for Spikes that most people noticed him.

to think when they first put bowman into the line up, he was terrible in coverage and that why spikes got his job back.
Share 49ersWebzone