There are 636 users in the forums

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well sh!t!!!!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

#49ers Jim Harbaugh was 30 minutes late to practice. Guess: could have been tied to Crabtree, who has already had surgery, per @mortreport.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Hope this lowers our SB odds so that I get a bigger return.

Aren't you fixed into the odds at the time you bet?

Didn't bet yet.
6 months, he'll be back for the sb run
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Actually, most of the posters on Seahawks.net are being very reasonable and not ugly about this. Pretty impressive, actually. Only a couple of a-holes.

They're acting like its no big deal because they think the Hawks were going to win the division regardless. I can't wait for week 2.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Will Carroll ‏@injuryexpert

Need to know more about Michael Crabtree's Achilles rupture? Read more here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1648520-can-michael-crabtree-return-from-injury-in-2013
This is the reason you load up on talent.
See I dont see it being that bad. I mean not comparing but Smith didnt have much help besides Crabs when Morgan and them went down. So now with Kaep, i think you have Boldin, who's almost a more seasoned Crabs, then u still have Manningham in a few others, so I think we should be fine.
It's bad news. The other WRs are either rookies/no-playing-time/returning from injuries (excl AB).

This will be CK's full year as a starter, and training camp is so important (obviously). I guess it's a wait and watch at this stage, hoping for the best.
I seriously got a lump in my throat upon reading that this happened. It is a good thing that we traded for Anquan, at least he can step in and provide some production. However, what we really need, in my opinion is for Vernon to have a year like he did in 09 (78 rec 965 yds 13tds), then if we can get anything out of Jenkins, Patton, McDonald that would be a bonus. If Manningham can be ready by week one that would also help but that may be unlikely.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I don't think we need to sign anybody. There are plenty of candidates on the roster. Boldin steps in as the #1 WR. Everyone else should be able to compete for #2. Jenkins, Manningham, Williams, Patton, Lockette. We only need one of these guys to step up. We've got VD and McDonald who will likely be on the field together most of the time. We're in decent shape.
Problem is... Boldin never has been a #1 WR in the league... he was a #2 during his prime behind Fitz... and now he's more a #3 at this point in his career.

You can call him a #1, but he's not.

Realistically, we've got a #3 and several untested kids vying for open spots behind Boldin.

The position needs shoring.
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
Problem is... Boldin never has been a #1 WR in the league... he was a #2 during his prime behind Fitz... and now he's more a #3 at this point in his career.

Realistically, we've got a #3 and several untested kids vying for open spots behind Boldin.

I'm sorry but you're wrong there. That's like saying Roddy White isn't a #1 because they have Julio Jones. When the Cards had Fitz and Boldin, they had 2 #1s.

And during the season last year...

Boldin - 921 yds
Smith - 855 yds
Pitta - 669 yds

If anything, he was the #2, then during the playoffs...

Boldin - 380 yds
Smith - 233 yds
Pitta - 163 yds

Seems like the #1 option to me.
I know this is not good , i only hope that someone steps the F**K up b/c if not, Kaep will not feel safe throwing them the ball and try to run more, well we all know what that could mean.
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:

Dude youre crazy if you think Boldin is a #3
  • dj43
McDonald may play a more important role here. After all, the 49ers moved up to draft him, based in large part by his size and ability to run good routes. He will be a nice compliment to VD and a good short option for Kaep. That is something we have not had here since Eric Johnson.
Share 49ersWebzone