LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Ricardo Lockette is 27 years old.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but when was the last time a WR came out of nowhere to start producing at the age of 27?

Sure, the guy has great measurables and everyone on here loves WRs with measurables as much as Al Davis did, but I don't get the fascination with a 27-year-old receiver with 2 career catches.
Amen
You're right, he should be cut immediately. WTF was Baalke thinking picking this guy up? He must be fired now.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
You're right, he should be cut immediately. WTF was Baalke thinking picking this guy up? He must be fired now.

Because that's clearly what I was suggesting.

Lockette is a good camp and PS guy, but everyone expecting him to make the 53 over Kyle Williams should temper their expectations.

Kyle Williams is 3 years younger and has produced a hell of a lot more than Lockette already. If you wanted to develop someone, why wouldn't you take the younger, more productive guy with punt return ability?

You could certainly make a case for Marlon Moore over Lockette too. Younger, more productive to this point, and has more special teams value.

I just don't get why everyone is in love with Lockette? Because he's 6'2" and can run?

There are a lot of guys bigger and faster than Steve Smith, but there haven't been a lot of better receivers over the past decade.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on May 18, 2013 at 8:01 AM ]
Search facility.
Share 49ersWebzone