There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Flying down to SF for the Seahawks game, couple of questions

Hey guys,

I was finally able to afford a trip to SF for the SF vs. Seattle game on Dec. 8th at Candlestick (Lower Box 16 Row M), so my brother and I can finally watch the Niners at a place not named CenturyLink! Tried to post at the 49ers.com forum, but the system is taking its sweet time to validate my account. Couple of questions for you guys:

Is it worth it to purchase a reserved parking pass? The store I bought tickets from has some available, but I don't know which ones are worth it. Do you guys think any of these are worth getting, or if there's a cheaper place to buy reserved parking online?

Is the 49ers Experience (http://www.49ersexperience.com/49ersPackage/tabid/6964/Default.aspx) a good buy, or not worth the money?

Also, is it better to get a hotel near Candlestick (I was eyeing the Embassy Suites that's ~4 miles away, but it's a little pricey), or would it be money better spent to fly into San Jose airport, get a hotel there, and just leave really early on game day? I'd love to be able to get to the game early and maybe get a picture taken with one of the players if they happen to wander our way during warm-ups.

I'd definitely be in for the Candlestick Park tour if they get enough people around that time.

Sorry for the question spam, this looks to be the only chance my brother and I will ever get to travel to Candlestick, so I want to make sure we have a great time!
[ Edited by Protoman on May 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM ]
There are two lots, The VIP parking lot and the General lot..

Not sure how much is the VIP lot, but the GA lot is 30$ if you show up early enough you can pay cash to get in the GA lot
I went there for the opener last year against the lions ! We won !
I live in Rochester,NY. Never been to the stick before that. Flew in and stayed in the fishermans wharf area for 5 days .

It def expensive . I was 10 miles north of the stadium.
Drove a rental car mysel to and from the game . driving is doable if u leave and get there 4 hours before gametime ,gates will open 2 hours before.

Anyway guy ..... I bought a reserved parking pass in the main lot from a season ticket holder off of EBAY for $80.00.

Yes expensive but I was able to pull right up to the STICK and get out with 30 pack of beer.
Parked next to a tailgate....gave them the beer for thier cooler ,dowed a few , shot the s**t for awhile , then walked all about the parking lot.

Leavin sucks ...slowwwwww crawl. Make shur u get a YELLOW pass !. Printed special for that game !! Will have seahawks logo on it .

Oh ya , they say u can buy tickets for 30 ,but I didnt want to chance it. Ticket in hand ,they have to park u.

If you want the whole experience..... The LOT is the way to go.. 49er flags flyin everywhere !!

YOUR BAND OF BROTHERS GETTING READY FOR WAR !

Have fun and hope we squash the swhacks.

REDRAZER45
[ Edited by redrazer45 on May 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM ]
I will be joining you. I decided to make my family's annual return to Cali during Seahags week. I have not seen a game in the Stick since 2001, I need one last recharging of Niner Nutrition to bring back with me.
Wear long Johns and gloves.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
1) Stay at the Radison Hotel, just a couple miles south of the Stick. it's cheap/reasonable ($120/night), nice, clean, safe, restaraunt and bar inside...books up fast so book it early - but there's no sight seeing around it...nothing to do around there. I think it's in Brisbane...
2) or if you stay at Fisherman's Wharf (spendy - $200-$300/night) but there's lot's of cool stuff to do there. 20 minutes North of the Stick
3) If you get to the park early, you can buy a parking pass at the gate for $30 - get there 4 hours before kickoff. After the Raider fight, they don't open up earlier anymore. I've never purchased a parking pass online and as long as you get there early, you're fine. Otherwise, you have to park in the dirt across the street which is ok and walking distant but pain in the a$$ to get out of...
4) park at gate 2 so that when you leave, you leave on the 101 freeway. You don't want to go around back or Hunters Point...it takes FOREVER to get out of there and it's the ghetto...

Good luck and maybe i will see you there to CRUSH the seachickens!
Originally posted by Chico:
1) Stay at the Radison Hotel, just a couple miles south of the Stick. it's cheap/reasonable ($120/night), nice, clean, safe, restaraunt and bar inside...books up fast so book it early - but there's no sight seeing around it...nothing to do around there. I think it's in Brisbane...
2) or if you stay at Fisherman's Wharf (spendy - $200-$300/night) but there's lot's of cool stuff to do there. 20 minutes North of the Stick
3) If you get to the park early, you can buy a parking pass at the gate for $30 - get there 4 hours before kickoff. After the Raider fight, they don't open up earlier anymore. I've never purchased a parking pass online and as long as you get there early, you're fine. Otherwise, you have to park in the dirt across the street which is ok and walking distant but pain in the a$$ to get out of...
4) park at gate 2 so that when you leave, you leave on the 101 freeway. You don't want to go around back or Hunters Point...it takes FOREVER to get out of there and it's the ghetto...

Good luck and maybe i will see you there to CRUSH the seachickens!

No, park by gate 1. That's where the WZ tailgate party is.
this might just be hawks fan getting some travel info.
Since I was a Niner fan up here in the Northwest before there were Seehocks, I've dreamt of seeing the Stick. I want to see the corner of the end zone where you know what took place. Where Steve took his lap. Where John Brodie threw off his crutches and tossed the winning TD to Dick Witcher to win the NFC West. The spot where Alex and Vernon made us special again....

Been to SF many times on biz, never to see my team. This will be, of course, my last chance to see the holy land before demolition. What better way to say hello and goodbye than to see Mr. Willis break the spine and spirit of the team I am forced to deal with every day....My son (am so proud of him, surrounded by chickens fans and he lives and breathes red and gold) and I will be there Dec. 8th. Win or win, it will be a bucket list cross off. Imagine..I'll be able to say I not only experienced one of last games at Candlestick, but I saw my team on their way to #6!!! See you there...

CK7 = MVP