There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Draft Grades - 49ers

https
Good evening Niner fans! Here's my draft grades video for you guys
Enjoy!
Em
I'd give it an A-, but I can live with your B+ grade. Good breakdown and analysis, thanks for posting.
Nice video and discussion
Good work! Fair grade for the draft I believe.

I'd give the off-season in it's entirety a solid A considering the FA pick-ups and great value trades for Boldin and McCoy.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I'd give the off-season in it's entirety a solid A considering the FA pick-ups and great value trades for Boldin and McCoy.
Yes and we got great picks already in next year's draft. Don't forget the great value trade for Alex Smith. Potentially two 2nd rd picks!!
Emdiggy!! Glad to see ur back
Yea, our 5-7th round picks were questionable at best.

agreed
I really can't believe we passed on Jesse Williams in the 5th round. I think we made a mistake there not to get him.
Thanks Gang! Also it very tough for you guys because of all of the talent that's on the 2-Deep.. some guys won't make it
Originally posted by juycho:
agreed
I really can't believe we passed on Jesse Williams in the 5th round. I think we made a mistake there not to get him.

Williams was picked 20 slots ahead of us in the 5th, so we didn't really pass on him. Could have picked him up late in the 4th, but I'd rather have Patton and Lattimore.

Was really hoping Williams would last until our 5th round pick. Of course Seattle has to ruin it. Dial seems like a solid prospect though, so I can't complain much.
[ Edited by SofaKing on May 6, 2013 at 1:15 PM ]

This, agree it's around a B++ but when you factor in NEXT year's picks plus the acquisitions, how could our offseason be anything less than an A?

Nice work Em...and yeah, we probably got better "value" in the UDFA over the final 2 rounds.
Originally posted by EmDiggy:
Thanks Gang! Also it very tough for you guys because of all of the talent that's on the 2-Deep.. some guys won't make it

No doubt, aside from a FS and 2nd TE, the rest are all for backup roles, competition and development.

Our practice squad could start out epic including a Russel Wilson clone to practice against.
Originally posted by juycho:
agreed

I don't know. Carradine has more value as a pass rusher from the inside and the same with Lemonier from the outside. When the fourth round came, Patton was there and had been graded a second round prospect so they had to take him and Lattimore may end up being absolute gold when the team needs to replace Frank Gore. Williams was gone by the time the Niners picked in the fifth and Dial has better size and evidently better potential work ethic - Dial is huge - 6'5", 320 lbs with very long arms so he's a lot bigger than Williams anyway. Dial might end up being a real steal.
An A.
49ers filled their need in S and TE. Then add depth at D early. The icing on the cake were 49ers got Patton, Lattimore and 4rd rnd next year.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by EmDiggy:
https
Good evening Niner fans! Here's my draft grades video for you guys
Enjoy!
Em
I agree with your assessment the Niners from rounds 5-7 took players that most did not have highly rated but took guys that have legitimate shots at making the team. Moody is a special teams ace, B.J. Daniels will play Russell Wilson on the scout team. OT will get a shot to be a back up or develop on practice squad. Dial is the most intriguing player drafted between 5-7 he has a real shot to make this team.