There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Injury squad when will they be back?

So we have quite an injury list does anyone have any idea when they'll be ready to compete:

Mario Manningham
Kendall Hunter
Kyle Williams
Tank Carradine
Marcus Lattimore
Hunter and Williams will be ready for the start of training camp.

Carradine might not be ready for the start of training camp.

Manningham almost certainly will miss most, if not all, of training camp.

Lattimore will probably spend the year on PUP/I.R. Should be ready to roll in 2014.
[ Edited by SofaKing on May 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Hunter and Williams will be ready for the start of training camp.

Carradine might not be ready for the start of training camp.

Manningham almost certainly will miss most, if not all, of training camp.

Lattimore will probably spend the year on PUP/I.R. Should be ready to roll in 2014.

Cool so besides Lattimore they all should be ready for first game?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithc28:
Cool so besides Lattimore they all should be ready for first game?

Carradine and Manningham may not be. Carradine has a much better chance. Manningham could be out for half the season. It isn't an exact science because people heal at different rates. Don't expect much from either early in the season.

Be pleasantly surprised if they are ready to go.

I am a bit worried about Hunter as well because achilles injuries can linger and slow a player down even if they are fully healed, IIRC. It's been a long time since I researched it, though. I think the last I remember was Julian Peterson in 2004.... My Ambien just kicked in, so I'm not looking it up. I might wake up in the morning and find all my pots and pans in the front yard and not know how they got there.
Mario Manningham - terrible injury and if we can get any contribution from mid-season on, I'd be shocked (and very pleased). I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the PUP as well. The 3-spot is all about AJ/Patton/Williams
Kendall Hunter - he's ready to go now
Kyle Williams - he's ready to go now
Tank Carradine - he's ready to go now
Marcus Lattimore - PUP for 2013 but much further along than most realize.
Hunter and Williams should be good to go for camp.

Carradine is supposed to be ahead of schedule. But I see no reason to rush him into anything. I don't see him getting significant snaps till he's been practicing at 100% for a couple weeks.

Manningham's injury was gruesome and it happened late in the season. He may be in the same boat as Lattimore.
Weren't Looney, Fleming, and Cam Johnson injured last year also. Curious how they will come back.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Weren't Looney, Fleming, and Cam Johnson injured last year also. Curious how they will come back.

Me too...could see some real surprises this year with all three. They are more hungry than Patton. LOL. And all are 100% healthy and ready to go.
Getting Looney, Can, Fleming back is like a new draft. TCampm competition is going to be fierce.

It's great we have SMART & excellent FO/Coaches that won't rush injured players to perfom.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Carradine and Manningham may not be. Carradine has a much better chance. Manningham could be out for half the season. It isn't an exact science because people heal at different rates. Don't expect much from either early in the season.

Be pleasantly surprised if they are ready to go.

I am a bit worried about Hunter as well because achilles injuries can linger and slow a player down even if they are fully healed, IIRC. It's been a long time since I researched it, though. I think the last I remember was Julian Peterson in 2004.... My Ambien just kicked in, so I'm not looking it up. I might wake up in the morning and find all my pots and pans in the front yard and not know how they got there.

please tell me thats a true story
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

please tell me thats a true story

No, just an example of the wacky s**t that can happen if you stay awake after taking Ambien. It's a sleep aid that has hallucinogenic side effects while also causing anterograde amnesia.

My fiancee's friend cut off all her hair because she didn't go to bed right away. She woke up and had no idea how it happened.

Scary thing... people have been known to drive while under it's effects.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Mario Manningham - terrible injury and if we can get any contribution from mid-season on, I'd be shocked (and very pleased). I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the PUP as well. The 3-spot is all about AJ/Patton/Williams
Kendall Hunter - he's ready to go now
Kyle Williams - he's ready to go now
Tank Carradine - he's ready to go now
Marcus Lattimore - PUP for 2013 but much further along than most realize.

Good post.
I would also be very surprised to get much of a contribution out of Manningham this season and that is one of the reasons why he agreed to such a large pay cut. His injury wasn't quite as bad as Lattimore's but if I'm not mistaken, he tore 2 knee ligaments clean through so he needs some time to rehab.

Not sure if I would say that Hunter, K Williams, and Carradine are "ready to go" just yet. I would say that they are "on schedule" and things are looking good for them to be ready for TC. Even though all three are actually running now, I wouldn't count on them participating in OTAs or any practices before then however. The risk of re-injury is still there.
Lattimore will undoubtedly get put on IR unless one of the other RBs gets hurt in the pre-season and then, all bets are off. Like Manningham, he starts the season on the PUP list..
[ Edited by nw9erfan on May 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Getting Looney, Cam Johnson and Fleming back is like a new draft. TCamp competition is going to be fierce.

It's great we have SMART & excellent FO/Coaches that won't rush injured players to perfom.

Yes it is...and I think Looney might start at center this year if all goes well in TC. The Niners love his potential.
Fleming has put on 10 lbs. of muscle since he was drafted and now weighs 255...so he could play inside or outside LB as well as ST. He makes the team IMHO.
I think Cam probably ends up on the PS because the team has so much depth at DE/OLB now but one never knows...he could impress in TC and make the team. He has gotten stronger too.
the injury that scares me most is Kendall's torn achilles. Achilles injuries are so unpredictable, some athletes come back like nothing happened and others lose their explosive first step. Hopefully Kendall comes back as Kendall and has not lost his step. Mario had a serious injury too but I doubt he'll be back after this season.
Since he has only one year left on his current contract, I would not be surprised to see Manningham get an injury settlement and released. So unless Patton, Williams and Jenkins show nothing in training camp and pre-season games, there is little reason to keep him around.