LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

should we run more 4-2-5 and/or 3-3-5

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Willis would be the extra hybrid guy... Allowing him the flexibility to play at his college weight and hammer guys from all distances..
thoughts?
P.S. I base this on our draft and FA moves..
[ Edited by bdub2588 on May 1, 2013 at 8:39 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
We should run the appropriate formation for the specific game situation
1-5-5 with Dix playing over the center
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
1-5-5 with Dix playing over the center

This. I'm sure big Dix could fill the hole.
Originally posted by Tman:
We should run the appropriate formation for the specific game situation
ding ding ding
i think we discussed this already, the league is a passing league we need to run the 1-0-10 or 0-0-11.
The league is switching to a passing league. I think you are a lawyer, you already know the answer to your own question. The niners run a base 3-4, 30% of the snaps, and a 4-2-5 70% of the time. This is why the Niners have no true NT on their roster outside of back up Ian Williams.

Every DL has to be able to line up at multiple spots on defense.
Originally posted by Rodinxxv:
ding ding ding

How quaza! Lol Every game requires multiple looks.. Moot. Next?
Originally posted by 9erred:
The league is switching to a passing league. I think you are a lawyer, you already know the answer to your own question. The niners run a base 3-4, 30% of the snaps, and a 4-2-5 70% of the time. This is why the Niners have no true NT on their roster outside of back up Ian Williams.

Every DL has to be able to line up at multiple spots on defense.

Lol not a lawyer, although my mom has always said I should be. But yes I think you nailed it on how were operating without a true NT. Schematically, things should be different.
Originally posted by KegBert:
This. I'm sure big Dix could fill the hole.

Hahaha that Dixon at NT idea is funny as hell!

I feel like this would ruin our run defense.
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
I feel like this would ruin our run defense.

We kind of already use Pat similarly to the way the Tampa 2 utilized Derrick Brooks. At least from what I understand. But this way if he's a tad bit faster we can put him all over the place. I'd even like to see him blitz more often, as well..
Share 49ersWebzone