There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Morris and Harper, Undrafted Steals?

I've watched both of these guys highlight videos on Youtube, and man, how does Ballke find these players. Harper looks awesome. He runs hard and with moves and quickness. He can catch too. He just looks like a pure runner. He reminds me of both Hunter and Lamichael James. He may even beat out Hunter. He runs a lot like Hunter actually but more power and quickness and instinct. He is biger than Hunter though.
As for Morris, he is fast on video. According to the report he clocked in at 4.33 at the 40. He looks mature, tough, return kicks and looks instinctive. He stands out in special teams and works hard in practice, he may win a spot. Anyway, check out the videos for both players. I certainly want them to make the team. What do you guys think?
Hunter will be holding his own vs Lattimore in a couple of years.

IMO, Hunter has the best vision out of all of our RBs. Gets every yard possible and some.
If Hunter is still not 100%, La-James could fill in, then Harper be a backup to La-James. Seriously folks, this Harper dude looks like could be legitimate NFL back.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Hunter will be holding his own vs Lattimore in a couple of years.

IMO, Hunter has the best vision out of all of our RBs. Gets every yard possible and some.

I agree, I'm not denying that. I like Hunter. But, man, check out this Harper in youtube. Looks just like Hunter and more. He's bigger and can catch too. He had back to back acl surgery but still came back. He was the starter in Boise until he go hurt. Then Doug Martin replaced him. He is a Bucs now.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Blank
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM ]
Yeah, Hunter is electric but I see what you mean, Harper looks very similar to him in style and he can return punts as well, an added bonus. Morris is very intriguing to me...slot CB who plays much bigger than he is and with epic speed and a fantastic gunner on ST's.
Seemed like our UDFA class was a little underwhelming at first, at least compared to prior years with guys like Boone, Williams, Palmer, Owusu, etc.... but after looking more into these guys it looks like;

-Morris has a legit shot at kicking Brock off the roster if he can show his gunner skills
-If we carry the same amount of roster spots for RB as last year then either Hampton or Harper will stick taking over Jacobs spot
-Got "plutonium grade raw material" in terms of a project defensive lineman in Okoye
-Top it off with some decent O-lineman that could be an upgrade over Netter and Wiggins for our PS

Not a bad UDFA haul at all.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Seemed like our UDFA class was a little underwhelming at first, at least compared to prior years with guys like Boone, Williams, Palmer, Owusu, etc.... but after looking more into these guys it looks like;

-Morris has a legit shot at kicking Brock off the roster if he can show his gunner skills
-If we carry the same amount of roster spots for RB as last year then either Hampton or Harper will stick taking over Jacobs spot
-Got "plutonium grade raw material" in terms of a project defensive lineman in Okoye
-Top it off with some decent O-lineman that could be an upgrade over Netter and Wiggins for our PS

Heck keep hampton and Harper and by cutting Dixon
I cannot believe Darryl Morris did not get drafted! WOW, this dude WILL make our team.
Originally posted by allhype:
I cannot believe Darryl Morris did not get drafted! WOW, this dude WILL make our team.

at this point Darryl Morris is equal to your name

having said that, I really hope he does make the team (I started the Morris thread, so I clearly like him)
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
I've watched both of these guys highlight videos on Youtube, and man, how does Ballke find these players. Harper looks awesome. He runs hard and with moves and quickness. He can catch too. He just looks like a pure runner. He reminds me of both Hunter and Lamichael James. He may even beat out Hunter. He runs a lot like Hunter actually but more power and quickness and instinct. He is biger than Hunter though.
As for Morris, he is fast on video. According to the report he clocked in at 4.33 at the 40. He looks mature, tough, return kicks and looks instinctive. He stands out in special teams and works hard in practice, he may win a spot. Anyway, check out the videos for both players. I certainly want them to make the team. What do you guys think?

Hell no. Hunter is a great running back and our second best running back. An undrafted free agent will have a hard enough time making the practice squad, let alone beating out Hunter.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

having said that, I really hope he does make the team (I started the Morris thread, so I clearly like him)

I love his clips. He's a player. Hope he makes the transition.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by allhype:

LOL! Yeah, but there's no doubt that scouts/Harbaalke were seriously impressed--watched his highlights and live in person

btw, no way the rook takes Hunters spot--he's a vet now and like someone above mentioned--great vision...

A. Dixon looked great in college, too--pretty nimble for a big guy that caught balls, running over fools in the SEC... we're still waiting for him to show what he did as a college player.
[ Edited by LVJay on May 1, 2013 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:

Agreed and all fit OUR offense.

To add, Harper took snaps out of the Q formation. We need FAST and elusive gunners. We need a CB who can blanket quick, speedy, elusive WR's such as Austin/Harvin. And everyone is excited about developing Okoye and the OT. Sometimes it's better to start with a clean slate and not be rushed to develop them...1/2 our draft/UDFA picks are in PERFECT positions to succeed here (eventually).
[ Edited by NCommand on May 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM ]
Assuming his injury heals up Hunter will most likely see more playing time than Gore. He does it all and does it all well can't wait to see him hit the field this year! I just see our starters as set due to familiarity with system and their overall ability s which harbaugh covets so highly. Hunter can pass block and return kicks. I do think that there is so much talent in our draft class this year that it most likely will force some tough and unexpected changes tho. I think hunter breaks out this year