There are 151 users in the forums

DJ Harper

Shop Find 49ers gear online
we signed him as a undrafted free agent... just watched highlights if him... he is really very good was even starting over doug martin but then he has had major inuries to his knees ( hmm where have i heard that before Gore, Lattimore, Jewel hampton). Anyways he may not be lattimore but he is very talented I just dont see a spot for him on the team. What do you think?

Harper (5-9, 209) fits the mold of the outside runner. He's a good receiver out of the backfield, and he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.48 and 4.49 seconds at Boise State's pro day in March.Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/05/rb-dj-harper-part-of-49ers-all-acl-team.html#storylink=cpy
followed him a bit at Boise, he has potential for sure but I don't see him making the roster, or even the PS squad. Inconsistent.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
wrong place, wrong time. too many RB's on our squad.
NFL Comparison Cedric Peerman - outside runner with good size, good developmental type player but "he's actually played at least three games in every season since 2007" as he has had additional availability.

Boy we really like signing RB's
Depth/training camp competition. If he plays well in the preseason he might have a chance to land on another teams 53 or possibly their practice squad. Don't expect him to make it here though.
I think if he shows enough during camp he definitely has a shot. In terms of pure running ability, his style is more impressive than Hampton or Dixon. If he makes some plays on special teams he has a legit shot. Hell, we had room for Jacobs last year.
That is the problem, space at RB position.
Gore- starter
Hunter- back-up, 3rd down
James- back-up, spc. teams, 3rd down
Dixon- spc. teams, back-up
Lattimore - pup list

Harper?
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
That is the problem, space at RB position.
Gore- starter
Hunter- back-up, 3rd down
James- back-up, spc. teams, 3rd down
Dixon- spc. teams, back-up
Lattimore - pup list

Harper?
Last year we carried that plus Jacobs... If they carry the same amount of RBs they would add Hampton or Harper. Dont know if they will do that or not, they may move the spot to carry an extra WR. But Lattimore wont count as part of 53, and Dixon still hasnt really established himself as a great runner but more of a good special teamer.

Not saying its gonna happen, but people are acting like Harper doesnt have a shot at all... but really he just has to be better than Dixon and Hampton to make the roster, not insurmountable.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
camp fodder

Share 49ersWebzone