There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Travel Times From Candlestick to San Jose ...

Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by 99problems:
i have season tickets and live in san jose. takes about a hour and a half. TAKE 280 DO NOT TAKE 101 IT WILL TAKE 2.5 HOURS

This is good advice. Depends on where you park, if you park in the dirt lots you are screwed. Also consider caltrain, there is a station within walking distance to Candlestick and it goes right to HP pavilion, but then you have to be sure to leave your car somewhere where it won't get towed or locked in all night.

What lot would you recommend I park at if I drive to the stadium? Going to look into CalTrain.
Originally posted by nmflounder:
i have season tickets and live in san jose. takes about a hour and a half. TAKE 280 DO NOT TAKE 101 IT WILL TAKE 2.5 HOURS

This is good advice. Depends on where you park, if you park in the dirt lots you are screwed. Also consider caltrain, there is a station within walking distance to Candlestick and it goes right to HP pavilion, but then you have to be sure to leave your car somewhere where it won't get towed or locked in all night.

What lot would you recommend I park at if I drive to the stadium? Going to look into CalTrain.

if you take caltrain its a good chance you wont make it.
i would say buy a parking pass and park closest to gate E if coming from the south bay its one of the last entrances(its what i do and get out pretty fast.) you will be forced to park in the dirt lot if you dont have a parking pass and sometimes they dont let them out until the entire interior lot is empty. (ive been stuck in the dirt lot for 3 hours)

i would say buy a parking pass and park closest to gate E if coming from the south bay its one of the last entrances(its what i do and get out pretty fast.) you will be forced to park in the dirt lot if you dont have a parking pass and sometimes they dont let them out until the entire interior lot is empty. (ive been stuck in the dirt lot for 3 hours)

It is 1:25 from bayshore to San Jose and it runs on a schedule so if there is a train you can make, it is guaranteed that traffic won't be a factor. That is the nice part. If you drive there will always be variables that you can't control.
Or...leave to your car with 10-8 mins left in the 4th qtr.

you will have no problems with traffic

It is 1:25 from bayshore to San Jose and it runs on a schedule so if there is a train you can make, it is guaranteed that traffic won't be a factor. That is the nice part. If you drive there will always be variables that you can't control.

thats the same amount of time it takes me to drive and to get from the park to caltrain takes about 30 minutes (walking)

tons of options just choose whats best for you and your family
There is no concert that warrants leaving a 49er game early, especially someone like Selena Gomez.

I refuse to aide you in this travesty!

I've been stuck in the dirt lot for over 3 hours and they weren't even holding us in for the interior lot. It's just a nightmare regardless. Avoid the dirt lot at all costs.

The last time I went to a game, I parked in the business parking lots right off the 101. It was about a 15 minute walk to the stadium, but once I got back to my car after the game, I was on the highway in less than 10 minutes. That was the quickest I've ever been able to get out of Candlestick.

Ahh hell, I may have just aided in the travesty. LOL
Thanks for all of the helpful information. I will use it to help me determine what route I take and time frame I am looking at. Yes, I am taking my daughter to see Selena Gomez, but she is Faithful and going to see her first 49ers game in the afternoon. If I left her at the HP Pavilion, I would never be forgiven.

Admit it, you want to see Selena Gomez too :-)