LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 261 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
So epic...CK takes the snap, runs to the right side of the OT and just before he's hit, tosses it back to Okoye who's got some open field...oh look on the sideline...there is D. Morris sprinting stride-by-stride with him along the sidelines out of bounds...and wow, Okoye is starting to pull away from him. That's amazing for a big guy!

I would love to see that and steamroll some DBs when they try to go low on him (rivals up north in particular)
Originally posted by pd24:
Dobbs or Tukuafu. Didn't we cut Tukuafu last year and bring him back? I don't think Tukuafu makes it this year. Dobbs is ok, but if Okoye shows any signs of being legit, I would cut Dobbs.

lol....what exactly has Dial accomplished to be penciled in for an automatic spot aside becoming a 5th rd selection?
Originally posted by random49er:
Dobbs or Tukuafu. Didn't we cut Tukuafu last year and bring him back? I don't think Tukuafu makes it this year. Dobbs is ok, but if Okoye shows any signs of being legit, I would cut Dobbs.

lol....what exactly has Dial accomplished to be penciled in for an automatic spot aside becoming a 5th rd selection?

Also, will Ramsey count against the 53? or will we stash him on IR?

The D-line and WR competitions should be intense. We have probably 65 players that are 53-man roster worthy... going to be tough sledding.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
tight end
safety
Originally posted by random49er:

Are you kidding, offensive linemen can give him bjs standing uo
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

lol,.....
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
While I'd love to see him make the 53, I doubt it'll happen. Who would he supplant? Dial, Dobbs, TJE, or Tukuafu?

And if we didn't sign him, what are the chances that he'd clear waivers? There isn't the buzz around him like last year.

If there is even the question you let either walk, because it would mean Okoye has shown some very seriously impressive progression.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

lol,.....

What about russell wilson, what can he do for him when Dial is standing up?

Defensive tackle Lawrence Okoye's athleticism has display with his speedy coverage on special teams. "We've kind of gotten used to it now. We've been seeing it all spring," Harbaugh said. "He's doing a real good job. It doesn't stand out as much now (because) you're kind of used to it. He's doing a good job on the defensive line, too."
Defensive tackle Lawrence Okoye's athleticism has display with his speedy coverage on special teams. "We've kind of gotten used to it now. We've been seeing it all spring," Harbaugh said. "He's doing a real good job. It doesn't stand out as much now (because) you're kind of used to it. He's doing a good job on the defensive line, too."

All this positive press will make it difficult to stash him on the PS. Some weaker team could pull the trigger, now that he has a better understanding of the game. While he still remains a long shot for our team, his chances are improving to make a roster somewhere.
I hope he makes it because that means that he has picked the game of football up. You don't come across freakish athletes like him too often. If you can turn him into a football player, watch out.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I hope he makes it because that means that he has picked the game of football up. You don't come across freakish athletes like him too often. If you can turn him into a football player, watch out.

Yup. But being a FB player and an Athlete are different things.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

All this positive press will make it difficult to stash him on the PS. Some weaker team could pull the trigger, now that he has a better understanding of the game. While he still remains a long shot for our team, his chances are improving to make a roster somewhere.

Agreed. I wouldn't count him out yet though. B/c if he can continue to excel on ST's and improves at the DE position enough to provide more immediate/long-term upside over Dobbs or TJE, he may force the coaches hands here (which is great). If I were him, I'd work a ton on refining a pass rush b/c that's one skill neither Dobbs or TJE possess. He's got a real shot partially b/c he's competing at DE, not TE or some other skill position. If he gets his technique, positioning down and keeps learning from Tomsula and Smith/McDonald, this could get really fun, really fast!
Share 49ersWebzone