There are 218 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Undrafted Free Agents (List Pg 1, 9 Signees so far)

There's still a bunch of talent available. Who are some of the guys you'd like SF to bring in?

For me:

OLB Chase Thomas - No idea why he fell out of the draft, many had him in the 2nd or 3rd rd EDIT: Signed with Saints
LB Kevin Reddick - Maybe no space for him here but he has talent. Could replace Grant as the backup ILB EDIT: Signed with Saints (those jerks!)
S Tony Jefferson - Physical safety with decent cover skills. Team needs safeties, as Whitner is terrible and Dahl is not really starter material EDIT: Signed with Cardinals
WR Da'Rick Rogers - Physical wideout. Lots of talent and size. Big head case. EDIT: Signed with Bills (They got Woods, maybe the best WR in the draft, Goodwin, the fastest WR in the Draft, and now Rogers, who has 1st round talent and Prison All-American intangibles. Lots of options for Kolb!)

Edit: Tracker!

DL/TE? Lawrence Okoye, Discus, UK
OT Luke Marquardt, Azusa Pacific
OG Patrick Omameh, Michigan
LS Kevin McDermott, UCLA
QB/TE/WR MarQuies Gray, Minnesota
DT/DE Michael Purcell, Wyoming
DB Darryl Morris, Texas State
WR/KR Chuck Jacobs, Utah State
C Sherman Carter, Tennessee State
LB/FB Alex Debniak, Stanford (Looks like a Bruce Miller-style conversion)

Keep them coming, Niners/webzone
[ Edited by DarkKnight1680 on Apr 28, 2013 at 9:14 AM ]
Is this where everyone is gonna post the Tweets?

I dotn do the twitter thing. Keep us updated fools
I don't know names/talent at this point but I can't see UFAs being much use to us. We're stacked now with our roster and a great draft. Maybe bring in a couple kickers, a few DBs/Safeties, a couple OL.

And Whitner is not terrible, but we need to start looking at a replacement which we probably won't find in a UFA.
Okoye just teeted hes signing ith us.
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
I don't know names/talent at this point but I can't see UFAs being much use to us. We're stacked now with our roster and a great draft. Maybe bring in a couple kickers, a few DBs/Safeties, a couple OL.

And Whitner is not terrible, but we need to start looking at a replacement which we probably won't find in a UFA.

You still need to go to camp with 90 guys or so, so UFAs are still a part of the process. Sometimes they surprise you, and they are inexpensive.

As for whitner:

Jeff Deeney‏@PFF_Jeff

Donte Whitner's 8 TDs allowed in coverage was the most by any safety this season. Allowed 79.1% comp. and 128.5 QB rating.

Also, in the superbowl he gave up 5 completions including 2 TDS, on only 6 attempts his way.

He makes 3+ million and he can't cover. His biggest strength (stopping the run) isn't as useful on a team where the front 7 are terrific against the run. He needs to be replaced with a guy who is strong in coverage for this team to overcome their pass-defence woes.
Lawrence Okoye ‏@Okoye7m
Proud to announce that I will be signing with the San Francisco @49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good low-risk signing for a guy with potentially big upside.
Matt Barrows @mattbarrows
OT Luke Marquardt also will sign with the 49ers as an undrafted free agent.
I'm surprised Chase Thomas went undrafted. I thought his film and production would make up for any perceived lack of measurables.
Dope two really good signings thus far.
Everyone wants to play for us!!! Loving it!
My DE/OLB small school guy willie jefferson going to texans
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
Lawrence Okoye ‏@Okoye7m
Proud to announce that I will be signing with the San Francisco @49ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good low-risk signing for a guy with potentially big upside.
Nice
Looks like we got patrick omameh
Jeff Deeney‏@PFF_JeffDonte Whitner's 8 TDs allowed in coverage was the most by any safety this season. Allowed 79.1% comp. and 128.5 QB rating. Also, in the superbowl he gave up 5 completions including 2 TDS, on only 6 attempts his way.He makes 3+ million and he can't cover. His biggest strength (stopping the run) isn't as useful on a team where the front 7 are terrific against the run. He needs to be replaced with a guy who is strong in coverage for this team to overcome their pass-defence woes.

...you and you're facts...
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/patrick-omameh?id=2539259

Like what i read.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home