LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 230 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
I like the fact that the roster is so deep, they have guys who are basically redshirting and prepping for next year. I think Dial might have been another one of these guys if there hadn't been so many injuries on the DL.
needs to be a team player and offer to go on IR

he should know he has a place on this team and can play WR
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

lol

Goofiest thing I've heard on here today. If Patton can be healthy and can be a contributor down the stretch, it is all the more reason for him to come back and play, he can't contribute in street clothes and Kyle Williams can't contribute even while wearing a uniform. If there's any setbacks with Manningham or Crabtree, 49ers will need another viable target in the playoffs, that is why I don't buy the "Patton goes to IR" talk.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Goofiest thing I've heard on here today. If Patton can be healthy and can be a contributor down the stretch, it is all the more reason for him to come back and play, he can't contribute in street clothes and Kyle Williams can't contribute even while wearing a uniform. If there's any setbacks with Manningham or Crabtree, 49ers will need another viable target in the playoffs, that is why I don't buy the "Patton goes to IR" talk.

i pray you are right. i have faith in him to become a reliable target for us and it seems kaep is willing to throw to him although its a limited sample. hes gonna be a play maker when healthy!
Our future #2 WR if we can't keep either Crabs, Hams, or Boldin

lulz

for some reason, this team loves KW, patton will not start over him or move ahead of him on the depth chart.

we have no idea how he is progressing injury wise. We had no problem with jenkins riding the pine all of last year. If him going on IR opens a roster spot, then I think this team will pursue that.
That's just fine you don't know how he is progressing.

The 49ers do, that is what matters.

Football doesn't stop at "ooooooh he is fast."

It takes understanding of the game at a pro level, and Williams was ahead of Patton on the chart.

This is a superbowl team not a crap shoot that won two games last year where you just roll the dice on anybody who shows a little.

Williams had the pedigree, Patton didn't, he was coming on, had an injury.

Now we find out Williams is done, Patton will restart his rookie progression and hit the field.

In spots.

The 49ers have handled things like a superbowl contending team should.
any updates on this guy? i figured we would have heard somethin about him gettin ready to return by now
Originally posted by 49erWay:
That's just fine you don't know how he is progressing.

The 49ers do, that is what matters.

Football doesn't stop at "ooooooh he is fast."

It takes understanding of the game at a pro level, and Williams was ahead of Patton on the chart.

This is a superbowl team not a crap shoot that won two games last year where you just roll the dice on anybody who shows a little.

Williams had the pedigree, Patton didn't, he was coming on, had an injury.

Now we find out Williams is done, Patton will restart his rookie progression and hit the field.

In spots.

The 49ers have handled things like a superbowl contending team should.

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
any updates on this guy? i figured we would have heard somethin about him gettin ready to return by now

I was expecting late November for him to return to practice, haven't heard anything to change that.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

I was expecting late November for him to return to practice, haven't heard anything to change that.
ok cool. i thought we wouldve heard somethin about him coming back. i remember initial reports saying it was about a 4 or 5 week injury. seems like hes been out atleast 4 weeks now
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
it's not dumb to IR him. he'll never see the field with Crab, Ham, Q, VD and KW. not enough balls to go around.
Originally posted by boast:
it's not dumb to IR him. he'll never see the field with Crab, Ham, Q, VD and KW. not enough balls to go around.

All of these guys have injury problems. If they were going to put Patton on the IR they would have done it by now IMO.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by boast:

All of these guys have injury problems. If they were going to put Patton on the IR they would have done it by now IMO.

exactly. and i think theyve learned how bad they are without WRs. no way they go into the playoffs with only KW as their only backup for a starting receiver. better to have more receiving depth than not have enough
Share 49ersWebzone