LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 288 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
Patton could get caught in a numbers game...to many good players to few positions.

I think Boldin, Crabtree, Patton, Ellington, Johnson, all have locked their spots down. I don't see the 49ers cutting a promising young receiver who is under team control for 3 more seasons at a cheap salary for a much older receiver in Lloyd who is basically a one year rental at best, or even for Osgood.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 28, 2014 at 8:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
who cares if ellington looks better they are both going to be good..people give up on a player way too soon

Not sure why people are making this some sort of competition between the two as if the 49ers would only keep one. Both are promising young players that finally give the 49ers some real young, quality depth at receiver.

This.

Baffling. Players get injured and it'd be great to have other quality players on the same team.

Thank God those people aren't running the show.
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
who cares if ellington looks better they are both going to be good..people give up on a player way too soon

Not sure why people are making this some sort of competition between the two as if the 49ers would only keep one. Both are promising young players that finally give the 49ers some real young, quality depth at receiver.

This.

Baffling. Players get injured and it'd be great to have other quality players on the same team.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This.

If guys go down with injuries for whatever reason and we've seen it happen, season after season, I'm happy with Patton or Ellington getting more reps, if not both. Its nice to look at the depth chart and not see scrubs like Brett Swain hanging around.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 28, 2014 at 8:29 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Patton could get caught in a numbers game...to many good players to few positions.

He's a lock dude.

SJ & Boldin won't be here long-term
I have said all along it comes down to Lloyd and/or Osgood. The rest I think are locks. Johnson will be with the team this year and then depends on how he does asked to restructure next year (and for the following). Hopefully he accepts a restructure/pay cut to stay on a good team. If he doesn't he could get cut
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
I think he gets cut, with ellingtons rise its made him expendable
Originally posted by FaTaL:
I think he gets cut, with ellingtons rise its made him expendable

Yes, because God knows you can have too many talented young WR's. .
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 28, 2014 at 8:41 PM ]
Patton is young, ascending, and on a cheap rookie contract for 3 more seasons. If you think he's getting cut for Brandon Lloyd, you are literally tripping.
OMG... no chance they cut him... he is a young receiver...heck, most receivers have a couple slow starts..i remember some guy named Jason...no jeff... maybe it was Jerry....he had a slow start... you just cant keep thinking all picks hit in the first year...

Originally posted by ubaisore:
OMG... no chance they cut him... he is a young receiver...heck, most receivers have a couple slow starts..i remember some guy named Jason...no jeff... maybe it was Jerry....he had a slow start... you just cant keep thinking all picks hit in the first year...

Its not even a slow start, he had a stellar preseason last year, and then he got injured, and then he came back late in the year and still managed to make some big plays. He's been open fairly often this preseason as well, you can't blame him because Gabbert is quarterbacking at a potato level.
None of us have seen camp practices but we know Lloyd can stretch the field. Patton has heart and Crabtree ain't signed long term yet
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This.

If guys go down with injuries for whatever reason and we've seen it happen, season after season, I'm happy with Patton or Ellington getting more reps, if not both. Its nice to look at the depth chart and not see scrubs like Brett Swain hanging around.

Amen to that brother.
Originally posted by ubaisore:

Its not even a slow start, he had a stellar preseason last year, and then he got injured, and then he came back late in the year and still managed to make some big plays. He's been open fairly often this preseason as well, you can't blame him because Gabbert is quarterbacking at a potato level.

Exactly. Gabbert's potatobacking is the reason we haven't seen Patton catch more passes in the preseason.
lol the f**k why would we cut him
Share 49ersWebzone