There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our 5th and Final OLB spot goes to...........

Our 5th and Final OLB spot goes to...........

Our Inside Linebacker situation is very much established set with Patrick Willis and NaVorro Boweman anchoring the middle. Undrafted candidates Dan Skuta, 27, and Michael Wilhoite, 26, will battle it out for the third ILB spot. Both Larry Grant and Taveres Gooden didn't resign.

We will keep at least four at most six OLB on the roster. Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, and Parys Haralson are all guaranteed to make the team. Also guaranteed, pending a sudden retirement (Glenn Coffee) is our new guy Corey Lemonier.

So for the sake of argument let's assume we're keeping only five OLBs. That leaves only one position available... who get's it?

A versatile athlete who played both defensive end and outside linebacker for the Fighting Irish, Darius Fleming ranks 10th in Notre Dame history with 15 career sacks. He posted 158 career tackles and was named Notre Dame's Lineman of the Year in 2011, after recording 55 tackles.

A versatile linebacker who can play multiple positions, Cam Johnson was named Third-Team-All-ACC in 2010 after registering a career-high 53 tackles and ranked sixth in the league with 6.5 sacks. Johnson led Virginia in both sacks and TFLs in each of his final two seasons.

TBD 2013 NFL Draft Selection?

Karlos Dansby and Shaun Phillips are available. Both are 31 years old. Dansby has proven capable at both ILB and OLB. Would they take the vet. minimum?

AJ Jenkins for realz!? you put a lot of work into this thread for me to not take it seriously...
Originally posted by Milkman:
AJ Jenkins for realz!? you put a lot of work into this thread for me to not take it seriously...

AJ Jenkins has just as much production at WR as he does at OLB or QB for that matter...

I'm wondering if Fleming can be moved to ILB.??? I'd wanna keep Johnson over Fleming though Johnson was a steal N would have been a higher round pick if it wasn't for a injury ...