LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 371 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
he's a bit of a slim-jim for the position. looks more like a power forward than a d-lineman. he has to develop hand technique to overcome some of his lack of brute strength.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Speed isn't his problem. It's lack of power. Once a guy has him blocked, he has no way of getting off.
Speed isn't his problem. It's lack of power. Once a guy has him blocked, he has no way of getting off.

Bingo.
Originally posted by sfout:
I think it was actually out of ALL qualifying LBs, not just rookies....Probably a bit of a lack of confidence / no development of new pass rush moves.

Every time I watch him he runs to the outside and trys to beat the guy. No inside moves, no arm movement, no rips, swims, etc. Just nothing but beat the guy around the outside where he usually over runs the play/QB. He needs to bulk up 10-15 pounds, get stronger and add fat/muscle. Then work on his hands, rips/swims, bull rush, etc. Hopefully they see that and tell him to add the weight like with Lynch. I thought he looked better last year. Anyways, my guess is other teams watched tape on him from last year and said this guy likes to go to the outside be ready for it. It's a lot easier for them when they know where you are going. Now if he starts bull rushing or making a step to the outside then a swim/rip to the inside they would be fooled and start second guessing.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 15, 2014 at 8:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by sfout:
I think it was actually out of ALL qualifying LBs, not just rookies....Probably a bit of a lack of confidence / no development of new pass rush moves.

Every time I watch him he runs to the outside and trys to beat the guy. No inside moves, no arm movement, no rips, swims, etc. Just nothing but beat the guy around the outside where he usually over runs the play/QB. He needs to bulk up 10-15 pounds, get stronger and add fat/muscle. Then work on his hands, rips/swims, bull rush, etc. Hopefully they see that and tell him to add the weight like with Lynch. I thought he looked better last year. Anyways, my guess is other teams watched tape on him from last year and said this guy likes to go to the outside be ready for it. It's a lot easier for them when they know where you are going. Now if he starts bull rushing or making a step to the outside then a swim/rip to the inside they would be fooled and start second guessing.
Not sure if any of that matters if he doesn't have the natural movement ability to keep a tackle off balance
Soooo disappointed in this guy. I understand he graded well last year but in my opinion he looks and plays exactly the same. I don't see any improvement. All he did last year was overshoot the QB, same thing this year. No clue how he graded out so high when his play is so sub par.

Skuta and Lynch need to be the ones rotating. Skuta on obvious run down, Lynch for the pass rush.

Lemon is THE definition of a one trick pony and he's not even that good at it
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Maybe they should shuffle the line in itself every now and then. Like Lemon and Ahmad switch or Ray and Justin switch....something to give that offensive a crazy look. Maybe on an obvious passing down bring in Tank, Justin, Quintan.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This dude was useless rushing the passer. Just a step too slow. f**king Aldon.

I do see this
Originally posted by Baldie:
Maybe they should shuffle the line in itself every now and then. Like Lemon and Ahmad switch or Ray and Justin switch....something to give that offensive a crazy look. Maybe on an obvious passing down bring in Tank, Justin, Quintan.

Not going to help. the issue simply is none of these guys ae good enough in a four man front to just beat the guy in front of them and create a sack. If they don't stunt they don't get to the qb. Their is no real 4-3 defensive rush end on this roster except maybe Carradine and we haven't seen him in action. Ahmad Brooks has totally disappeared. They need Aldon badly.

This.

Reminds me of a fly hitting fly-paper. Quick but stuck for duration of play.
Never saw it in this dude. Not even last year. Was really intrigued when we drafted him but his play screams Manny Lawson. Just doesn't quite have what it takes to close in on the passer.

Originally posted by OldJoe:

This.

Yeah but he has long a** arms....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by OldJoe:

This.

Yeah but he has long a** arms....

And he has muscles.
Manny lawson all over again

Actually worse, he's not a force in the run game and I worry about him matched up in space but to be fair its not we've seen him in those situations much.
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Actually worse, he's not a force in the run game and I worry about him matched up in space but to be fair its not we've seen him in those situations much.

He's a terrible example of PFF ratings. Last year he was rated the top rookie pass rusher?
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

He's a terrible example of PFF ratings. Last year he was rated the top rookie pass rusher?

they made a mistake, same cat this year as the last
Share 49ersWebzone