LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

2014 free agents

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Which of our players whose current contracts are set to expire following this season do you expect to be on the 2014 team?

CB Nnamdi Asomugha
WR Anquan Boldin
CB Tramaine Brock
CB Tarell Brown
CB Perrish Cox (RFA)
K Phil Dawson
RB Anthony Dixon
DL Demarcus Dobbs (RFA)
C Jonathan Goodwin
OLB Parys Haralson
WR Mario Manningham
S Darcel McBath
QB Colt McCoy
DL Justin Smith
QB Scott Tolzien (RFA)
DL Will Tukuafu
S Donte Whitner
LB Michael Wilhoite
WR Kyle Williams
all except tolzien and whitner
It all depends how all of them play this season. None of them are locks to saty but none of them are for sure cuts either.
I hope we bring back J.Smith M.Manningham D.Dobbs C.McCoy N K.Williams ....
Imma take a stab at this and say Justin Smith, Terell Brown will be re-signed. Dobbs and Tolzein will be tendered (if they make the team this year). Maybe Boldin is re-signed as well but only if the price is right.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Which of our players whose current contracts are set to expire following this season do you expect to be on the 2014 team?

CB Nnamdi Asomugha
WR Anquan Boldin
CB Tramaine Brock
CB Tarell Brown
CB Perrish Cox (RFA)
K Phil Dawson
RB Anthony Dixon
DL Demarcus Dobbs (RFA)
C Jonathan Goodwin
OLB Parys Haralson
WR Mario Manningham
S Darcel McBath
QB Colt McCoy
DL Justin Smith
QB Scott Tolzien (RFA)
DL Will Tukuafu
S Donte Whitner
LB Michael Wilhoite
WR Kyle Williams

I bolded the ones I want back. I like the idea of both Tolzien and McCoy if we don't draft a QB.

Boldin and Manningham back would be great in case we lose Crabtree. Plus I can see Boldin redoing his deal for a long term deal to free up cap space.

Justin is a no brainer, and might happen this year.

Brown is likely the most likely to leave.

Wilhoite tendered as a EFA

Cox, Dobbs would be back only on non tendered deals. Both are good but not great. Plus they may not make the team.
COX is a RFA?

f**k yea
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I bolded the ones I want back. I like the idea of both Tolzien and McCoy if we don't draft a QB.

Boldin and Manningham back would be great in case we lose Crabtree. Plus I can see Boldin redoing his deal for a long term deal to free up cap space.

Cox, Dobbs would be back only on non tendered deals. Both are good but not great. Plus they may not make the team.

I think Haralson for a low salary would be really great to bring back, obviously hugely dependent on how he looks this year though. But IF he returns just fine from his triceps, he's such an ideal 3rd OLB being a guy to rotate in with Aldon Smith to play a healthy number of base downs where his superior play against the run would come in handy while also allowing Aldon to rest more, play fewer snaps, and be fresher in 4th quarters as well as December, January, and into February. An issue could be that backup linebackers that dress almost always have to play special teams and Haralson doesn't, but then again, neither did Aldon in 2011. Considering they'd likely be retained with pretty minimal contracts, I also see no reason why we wouldn't bring back Dixon and K. Williams (again, assuming he looks right from his ACL). Would be pretty good bang for buck guys. Hell, Williams may even likely be the favorite to be our #3 receiver when the season opens.

I think Haralson for a low salary would be really great to bring back, obviously hugely dependent on how he looks this year though. But IF he returns just fine from his triceps, he's such an ideal 3rd OLB being a guy to rotate in with Aldon Smith to play a healthy number of base downs where his superior play against the run would come in handy while also allowing Aldon to rest more, play fewer snaps, and be fresher in 4th quarters as well as December, January, and into February. An issue could be that backup linebackers that dress almost always have to play special teams and Haralson doesn't, but then again, neither did Aldon in 2011. Considering they'd likely be retained with pretty minimal contracts, I also see no reason why we wouldn't bring back Dixon and K. Williams (again, assuming he looks right from his ACL). Would be pretty good bang for buck guys. Hell, Williams may even likely be the favorite to be our #3 receiver when the season opens.

I think its possible to keep Parys, but reality is we likely will have his replacement on the roster from this draft, And he doesn't play STs. But if not, then I am for it, but he hasn't produced in years, down since signing the extension.
Brown and smith are the most important. We need to remember brown gave up 0 tds in the regular season......as in NO tds!!! That is ridiculous. The one td he gave up in the playoffs was to juliomjones and he had great coverage. Hopefully we can get him for around 4-5 mil a year

CB Nnamdi Asomugha
WR Anquan Boldin
CB Tramaine Brock
CB Tarell Brown
CB Perrish Cox (RFA)
K Phil Dawson
RB Anthony Dixon
DL Demarcus Dobbs (RFA)
C Jonathan Goodwin
OLB Parys Haralson
WR Mario Manningham
S Darcel McBath
QB Colt McCoy
DL Justin Smith
QB Scott Tolzien (RFA)
DL Will Tukuafu
S Donte Whitner
LB Michael Wilhoite
WR Kyle Williams

Agreed and can also see Rogers gone as well and sadly, it wouldn't surprise me to see Justin Smith retire after this season. He's not a Ray Lewis-type to announce it and ask everyone to play for him. He'd quietly walk away in the offseason.
ON THE TEAM:
CB Nnamdi Asomugha
WR Anquan Boldin
CB Tarell Brown
CB Perrish Cox (RFA)
K Phil Dawson
WR Mario Manningham
S Darcel McBath
QB Colt McCoy
DL Justin Smith
QB Scott Tolzien (RFA)
WR Kyle Williams

GONE:
Brock
Dixon
Dobbs
Goodwyn
Harrelson
Tukuafu
Whitner
Wilhoite
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
ON THE TEAM:
CB Nnamdi Asomugha
WR Anquan Boldin
CB Tarell Brown
CB Perrish Cox (RFA)
K Phil Dawson
WR Mario Manningham
S Darcel McBath
QB Colt McCoy
DL Justin Smith
QB Scott Tolzien (RFA)
WR Kyle Williams

GONE:
Brock
Dixon
Dobbs
Goodwyn
Harrelson
Tukuafu
Whitner
Wilhoite

I wouldn't argue with that... like the keepers (on the team)
Didn't Dawson sign a 2 year contract?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Didn't Dawson sign a 2 year contract?

No just a one year contract.
Share 49ersWebzone