There are 212 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers at Seattle..anyone plan to go?

Originally posted by NavyHawk:
I have a take on this, hear me out.
I lived in the southeast for 16 years up until last fall when I moved back up to the PNW. While living in FL and LA, I traveled to watch Seahawks away games at Buffalo, Washington, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami and New Orleans. Every game I was " flying the colors" and was a passionate yet polite visiting fan. Favorite away city? Buffalo. Those boys know how to tailgate. Worst city? New Orleans. If I hear another illiterate Louisiana native yell "Who Dat" I may come unhinged.
What did I learn from it all? Well, kind of like buying your house, the price you pay is also usually an indication of the caliber of your neighbors. Don't want a meth lab popping up across the street? Pay a little more for your house and neighborhood. Don't mind a primer gray Chevy Nova getting the engine pulled under a tree in the front yard? Buy cheap and be happy my friend.
I've found that picking up more exclusive seats helps weed out the trash and contributes to a better game day experience. Higher ticket prices "usually" aren't paid by the Neanderthals who think its ok to treat visiting fans like some of you have been in Seattle in the past.
I say give the Clink a shot. Wear your gear loud and proud, but keep it within the boundaries of professionalism and good taste. Chat with the people around you when you sit down before the game starts, you may find out they're decent folks before everyone starts screaming. I made it a point to compliment a good play made by the home team to the local fans around me if warranted, once or twice. Goes a long way towards presenting yourself as a football fan, not just the opposing team's fan, to the home crowd. Just my advice.
It actually makes me sick when I hear about any visiting fan having a bad experience in my home town. It reflects poorly on a place that I identify with on a personal level. Every game I've attended in Seattle I have made it a point to chat with visiting fans who are sitting around me. I ask where they're from, where they are staying, recommend a good restaurant near there. I actually want visitors to my city to leave having had an enjoyable time, even though their team came away with an L;-)
Anyway, that's my .02. If you decide to head up and seem like a good guy I'll buy you a beer.

My family and I met a few fans like you at Touchdown City, when they found out that we had just moved to Washington from Alaska they were friendly and offered advice on where to eat after the game and a few even complimented Harbaugh for the job that he had done with our team. I thought that the game would be alright based on that experience lol, it was wayyyy different once the game started, especially when Williams got hit when he was down. The whole town seems to hate the Niners, from the "douchebag Harbaugh style" video on YouTube from Mitch in the Morning to the way that a Niners fan is treated going to watch their game, it's sad, pathetic, and comical really, all at the same time. The language and racial comments were so bad that I had to cover my sons ears and even after the game he asked me what a f****t was. I'd like to think that we were sitting in good seats, we were behind the Niners bench, 4 rows up and paid almost 1200 dollars for 5 tickets, and we've sat in other parts of Century Link (I'll never sit in the Hawks nets again lol) and up until 2011 it wasn't all that bad but now it's not worth the hassle and Seattle fans are getting a reputation for being a**holes. My sister in law came to visit after she got back from deployment and she wouldn't go to a game based on what other people who've attended games there had told her, my sisters cousin and his buddy came up for the Rams game last year and they both said that they'd never go to another game there again. It sucks because while I'm a Niners fan I don't really hate the Hawks, and I'd love to be able to go watch the battles that both of these teams will have for the next 10 years, maybe talk a little smack with the fans, have a good time and have my kids enjoy a good football game but you can't seem to have that at Century Link anymore.
Originally posted by 9ersfaninWA:
My family and I met a few fans like you at Touchdown City, when they found out that we had just moved to Washington from Alaska they were friendly and offered advice on where to eat after the game and a few even complimented Harbaugh for the job that he had done with our team. I thought that the game would be alright based on that experience lol, it was wayyyy different once the game started, especially when Williams got hit when he was down. The whole town seems to hate the Niners, from the "douchebag Harbaugh style" video on YouTube from Mitch in the Morning to the way that a Niners fan is treated going to watch their game, it's sad, pathetic, and comical really, all at the same time. The language and racial comments were so bad that I had to cover my sons ears and even after the game he asked me what a f****t was. I'd like to think that we were sitting in good seats, we were behind the Niners bench, 4 rows up and paid almost 1200 dollars for 5 tickets, and we've sat in other parts of Century Link (I'll never sit in the Hawks nets again lol) and up until 2011 it wasn't all that bad but now it's not worth the hassle and Seattle fans are getting a reputation for being a**holes. My sister in law came to visit after she got back from deployment and she wouldn't go to a game based on what other people who've attended games there had told her, my sisters cousin and his buddy came up for the Rams game last year and they both said that they'd never go to another game there again. It sucks because while I'm a Niners fan I don't really hate the Hawks, and I'd love to be able to go watch the battles that both of these teams will have for the next 10 years, maybe talk a little smack with the fans, have a good time and have my kids enjoy a good football game but you can't seem to have that at Century Link anymore.

Seahawks are the new Raiders

Man, I'm really sorry to hear that. It pains me to hear that's what is happening more and more frequently at the Clink.

I wonder what the local response would be if a Seahawks fan went to every home game for a season in opposing team apparel and wore a hidden camera to catch local fan behavior. Put it on youtube, get it shown on local news outlets, shame those acting like that while getting good fans to hopefully stand up and not tolerate that b******t. I wonder...
Originally posted by xtm059:
Seahawks are the new Raiders

And before you get your righteous pants all cinched up, just remember, no one has been stabbed or shot attending a Seahawks game.

EVERY team has bad fans in its fan base.
And before you get your righteous pants all cinched up, just remember, no one has been stabbed or shot attending a Seahawks game.

EVERY team has bad fans in its fan base.

Sorry

seahawks arent the new raiders

raiders have 3 SB wins
There is a fine line on fans, IMO. Of course you do not want opponent fans feeling comfortable in your stadium. That is why they call it home field advantage. But the line is crossed when it becomes blatant intimidation, involving small children, touching a fan of another team in any manner (other than a handshake or good natured greeting)

I remember going to games in Phoenix when my friend played for them back in the late 90s. Dallas fans took over their stadium. That would blow, period. I have been to games in Nashville, and Los Angeles back in the day. I personally think that Seattle has something to their home field advantage that most other teams would love to have.

But as stated, there is that element creeping in. I have been to most of my NFL games in Seattle, whether it was the Kingdome, or the CLink. What I noticed is that there are some very good fans that police up the thugs. Last year I had to hold a drunk guy till the cops came after the Vikings game who was throwing punches. But ironically, he was a Vikings fan.

Man, I'm really sorry to hear that. It pains me to hear that's what is happening more and more frequently at the Clink.

I wonder what the local response would be if a Seahawks fan went to every home game for a season in opposing team apparel and wore a hidden camera to catch local fan behavior. Put it on youtube, get it shown on local news outlets, shame those acting like that while getting good fans to hopefully stand up and not tolerate that b******t. I wonder...

Navy, that is good advice..born and raised up in Seattle but diehard Niner since '81. I hope people can afford to take your advice. But the real problem stems from who these 12th man fans are. 75% of them are NOT from Seattle. Period. Real, long-standing fans like yourself are always very humble (d/t your heartbreaking history as fans) and great people. They aren't grounded in a deep tradition of success and culture of class and respect. These are pissed off bandwagon fans, many from the east coast.

My advice to Niner fans is simply this: if ANY of them give you crap, simply ask them where they were born. It typically shuts them up quickly. Or ask them any question as to their "history" like who is Jim Zorn? Kenny Easley? Brian Bosworth (joking)? BTW: If they DO know any of these players, hang with them. They'll be good, humble fans who just want to have a good time and you can get back to being a classy fan again and enjoy the game/experience!
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 21, 2013 at 7:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Protoman:
Went the last three years, would definitely go there again. I have quite a few stories from the last 3 years, I'd be happy to share my stories later!

I just locked in tickets from a family friend. 3 rows from the field in the end zone underneath the 12th Man flag. What a view that'll be!

I met up with SportsFan and a couple of other WebZoners before the game last year, was good times. My brother had a monster hangover the night before and he was mixing a bottle of vodka and juice in my car that was so strong that it smelled more like a spilled bottle of rubbing alcohol than a mixer. That's why he looked a little out of it the whole night.

To be fair though, every team has got their fair share of d******d fans. I've lived up here since 1987 and I'm friends with plenty of nice fans, many who haven't bought into the off-season hype considering many of them have been burned hard in the 80s and 90s by big media hype in the off-season and the big letdown that came afterwards.

Most of the fans I know personally are just like the ones in this video:

Sadly, many of them are not the same fans that show up to the stadium. The nice fans usually stay home and watch the game on TV with their friends and family since they have to come to work sober the next day. In their defense, just about all the Hawks fans I know cringe and/or renounce Seahawks.net, asking not to lump all Hawks fans in with those "charming individuals from that site" (for lack of a better PC term).

P.S. SportsFan, I finally got your text you sent, my old phone sent me tons of work-related texts so it got lost in all the spam lol. How'd you fare in your section last year?
http://seattletimes.com/html/take2/2020010620_taketwo28.html

Even this article from the Times expresses concerns over trending Seahawk bullies.
That article is similar to what i went through ^ lol.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I dislike Seahawks fans so much ... I won't go there
+1. I wouldn't be caught dead in that stadium unless it's the NFC title game.
Thanks some good posts on here

My impressions:

- The fans in seattle love to talk smack (i'm ok w/ that)

-some fans might throw beer on you unprovoked (not ok w/ that)

-sit in lower bowl expensive seats and we should be away from the riff raff

I'll be looking into the logistics of making this happen...very much want to see a game where the crowd is that rabid.
I went a few years ago, when Alex had his career passing game but we still lost. NEVER AGAIN. Nuff said
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Thanks some good posts on here

My impressions:

- The fans in seattle love to talk smack (i'm ok w/ that)

-some fans might throw beer on you unprovoked (not ok w/ that)

-sit in lower bowl expensive seats and we should be away from the riff raff

I'll be looking into the logistics of making this happen...very much want to see a game where the crowd is that rabid.

You should go! I agree that the lower bowl seats are MUCH more civil.
[ Edited by Protoman on Apr 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM ]
i got two words for these triple cheeseburger eating madachokas....brian bosworth!
Originally posted by rammer:
i got two words for these triple cheeseburger eating madachokas....brian bosworth!