LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

The 2013 San Francisco 49ers Schedule Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nah, the NFL will want week 1 to be all about the Ravens (SB champs) and Dallas (for obvious reasons, albeit disgusting).

I expect us to open week 1 against STL (storyline being how tough they played us last year). We'll likely play a primetime game in Week 2, probably against a team like Washington.

GB will play us in Nov.
Sea will play us in Oct and then in Dec (playoff positioning).

This is my guess.
AKA The Farewell to the 'Stick Schedule

Send the old lady out in style with a couple extra home games next Jan and more importantly #6!
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Nah, the NFL will want week 1 to be all about the Ravens (SB champs) and Dallas (for obvious reasons, albeit disgusting).

I expect us to open week 1 against STL (storyline being how tough they played us last year). We'll likely play a primetime game in Week 2, probably against a team like Washington.

GB will play us in Nov.
Sea will play us in Oct and then in Dec (playoff positioning).

This is my guess.

We will probably get 1 of the 3 prim time games in week 1 at least.
I think the loser of the superbowl should play on sunday or monday night on primetime.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I think the loser of the superbowl should play on sunday or monday night on primetime.

Has this held true in the past though ?

2012 Patriots --- vs Titans (CBS)
2011 Steelers --- @ Ravens (CBS)
2010 Colts --- @ Texans (CBS)
2009 Cardinals --- vs 49ers (FOX)
2008 Patriots --- vs Chiefs (CBS)

None were primetime spots, so I find it hard to believe the NFL will slot us in a primetime game. I think Week 1 will likely go to the "storylines" that both the NFL and most fans/sportsmedia pay attention to, which is the SB champs and the Dallas Cowboys.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Has this held true in the past though ?

2012 Patriots --- vs Titans (CBS)
2011 Steelers --- @ Ravens (CBS)
2010 Colts --- @ Texans (CBS)
2009 Cardinals --- vs 49ers (FOX)
2008 Patriots --- vs Chiefs (CBS)

None were primetime spots, so I find it hard to believe the NFL will slot us in a primetime game. I think Week 1 will likely go to the "storylines" that both the NFL and most fans/sportsmedia pay attention to, which is the SB champs and the Dallas Cowboys.

I'm not saying that history was an indicator that it will happen. I'm saying that IT SHOULD. It makes too much sense......
  • cory
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
We know our opponents but on Thursday we find out when we play them. We know we willb ein London on Oct 27 to face the Jags

@gregaiello: 2013 regular-season schedule will be announced at 8 pm ET on Thursday (April 18).

Home Games will be against
Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, Houston, Indianapolis, Green Bay

Away Games will be against
Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Washington

Im predicting we open the season on Sunday Night against Seattle in Seattle

The week before the London game will be an East Coast game, like at Tampa, to cut down on travel.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

The opening MNF has had two games since like 06 or so. The problem is the first one starts with an east coast game at like 6 CT, the 2nd at like 8 or so. I remember getting a few of those games. It seems like that 2nd MNF game is kind of a B game because it starts so late on the east coast it's more for the west coast. It's usually Oakland, KC, SD, AZ or us and it's never that big of a matchup. Doubt we would get that 2nd game since we are more of a headliner now. SNF I would be all for though. Get rid of the NFC EAST, put us on there at home against someone.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM ]
Might as well bring up for those that don't know
http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

Once the schedule comes out and it's updated they will have all the AFC and NFC games, who is on CBS/Fox late and early... along with the prime time games. Every week around Wednesday they will put out a color coordinated map to show what games each area will get for early and late games. It's a good site to bookmark for those that don't have Sunday Ticket or don't live in the Bay Area. Even those that do it's nice to see what other games you will get. Check out the week's from last year to get a feel for how it works. Just click the map link next to the week, find your area and the color and look below to see what game you will get. Of course that's for last year. They will update it after the schedule comes out and probably put a map up a few days before the season starts for week 1 and then usually every Wednesday for the following weeks.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM ]
I predict the season opener against...............Tennessee, just throwin' it out there.

I call the Atlanta Falcons at our house to open up the season and I bet on Sunday Night Football. I could be wrong though.
[ Edited by robniner on Apr 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cory:
The week before the London game will be an East Coast game, like at Tampa, to cut down on travel.

Oh man that's right,we're playing the Jaguars in London this year huh?
Originally posted by Disp:

Yup and the following week should be the BYE....IIRC, back in 2010 it was the same way: at Carolina, flew out to UK to play Broncos, BYE week....man that seemed like the dark ages just3 years ago! Troy Smith!
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Apr 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Disp:

Yup and the following week should be the BYE....IIRC, back in 2010 it was the same way: at Carolina, flew out to UK to play Broncos, BYE week....man that seemed like the dark ages just3 years ago! Troy Smith!

we lost to Matt Moore
October 27th in London.

Leaked by Maiocco.
Share 49ersWebzone