There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Players left from the Pre-Harbaugh Era

Originally posted by Aacadena:
Man bout time that list doesn't include Alex Smith jk lol.

English, DE, were you referring to Er-wreck-son?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Ahmad Brooks was drafted by the Bengals...

But he was claimed by Singletary and McCloughan.

*correction*
He was brought in by Nolan and McCloughan.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM ]
It blows my mind that any player from the terry donahue/dennis erickson years is still on the roster . Way to go Andy Lee!!
[ Edited by mjo116 on Jun 20, 2014 at 6:01 PM ]
Scot McCloughan really was/is a badass..
Originally posted by mjo116:
It blows my mind that any player from the terry donahue/dennis erickson years is still on the roster . Way to go Andy Lee!!

That tail end of that era was almost expansion team level talent. An epic waste of a couple of seasons. If erickison was gonna be the guy, we should have just kept mooch.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Each one has elite talent and is a starter (minus Spillman--solid back up-starter on other team) that should have appeared in playoffs (as a 49er) prior to Jim Harbaugh... just more proof that Harbs and company are damn good coaches and more reason to believe why we made it to 3 NFCC games and a SB.
Good info, coo coo
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Jim Harbaugh is thankful for Nolan's '05 and '07 draft
I will give nolan that, he has a great eye for talent, but he wasn't a good enough of a head coach to get the best out of them. Would have to say maybe we should have keeped him as the G.M. because Scott was to drunk on draft day!
yes nolan deserves some credit for the mess he took over from erickson. i am glad to see we are not giving any credit whatsoever to dingleberry

Sing didn't wanna draft willis, didn't think he would work out. (HAHA) sing brought us Taylor Mays tho.... iuapati, davis, bowman tho..
Originally posted by mjo116:

Last yr we released Brian Jennings. If memory serves me right, they drafted him?? If wrong, feel free to correct me?
Originally posted by frankie:
Last yr we released Brian Jennings. If memory serves me right, they drafted him?? If wrong, feel free to correct me?

Yup, Jennings was drafted in 2000. I remember he did an interview in the lead up to the Super Bowl last year, where he talked about arriving here at the end of the dynasty and going through the down years.
Originally posted by frankie:

yup, he was on the list. Just updated it for current roster.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Scot McCloughan really was/is a badass..

Glad he's no longer with Seattle