There are 169 users in the forums

Tavers Gooden retires

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman 8m Was special teams ace last 2 years for 49ers RT @TGood52: I think it's time for me to retire and move on to the next chapter in life. Livvvv

Im gonna miss him,
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The crazy dances and body mannerisms after making tackles on STs were hilarious.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Play for Cardinals or retire....and he choose retire.lol
I'm surprised he and Grant haven't gotten more interest around the league. I guess Gooden really isn't much of a LB, ST player only... hard to believe nobody is giving Grant a chance though.I figured we would move on from Gooden. Wilhoite had more ST tackles in 5 games than Gooden had in 16 games. With how much we have tied up in Willis/Bowman I didn't expect us to spend much on Grant or Gooden. Figured we might go the cheap route and go with Wilhoite. Skuta will be the #4 ILB.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 5, 2013 at 4:28 PM ]
Nooooooooo his dances were hilarious
Originally posted by lazy:

Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by lazy:

ahhahahhahah he is a wise man indeed
Hopefully he was smart with his money and can live comfortably.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'm surprised he and Grant haven't gotten more interest around the league. I guess Gooden really isn't much of a LB, ST player only... hard to believe nobody is giving Grant a chance though.I figured we would move on Gooden. Wilhoite had more ST tackles in 5 games than Gooden had in 16 games. With how much we have tied up in Willis/Bowman I didn't expect us to spend much on Grant or Gooden. Figured we might go the cheap route and go with Wilhoite. Skuta will be the #4 ILB.

Lot of teams are finding they can bring in less expensive rookies and 2nd year players to play ST and backup starters. Grant might start on some weaker teams but is more of a role player on a good team. He is not going to make those around him better by his play. He needs good players around him to show well. That kind of player is not going to get a lot of money from anyone.
if he does Retire im glad he was apart of the Tony Montana Squad

this is the saddest day in my life....
Originally posted by FL9er:
The crazy dances and body mannerisms after making tackles on STs were hilarious.

Agree. Good luck to him!
Solid ST player. Solid locker room guy. Best of luck to him and his family. Thank, you, Mr. Gooden!!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
easily replaceable. i forgot about him the day after the super bowl. he and grant have to continue the tradition of over rated players on the team. they are destined to be backups for the rest of thier lives. If it were not so,, they would have had offers by now. time for us to get some fresh blood in and i am sorry but in my opinion, no one was an "ace" on our special ed teams last year
Next stop - Dancing w/the Stars
Share 49ersWebzone