LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Anthony Davis signs five-year contract extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Remember when so many of us thought Anthony Davis was a bust?
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m Initial numbers for 49ers RT Anthony Davis five-year extension: $37.2 million with $17 million in guarantees.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9m OT Anthony Davis has signed a 5-year extension with the 49ers.
[ Edited by hungarian9erfan on Apr 5, 2013 at 5:18 AM ]
And the machine that is our front office continues on. Love this re-signing. Would like Crab next and think with Kap as his QB, he will want to stay with us.
Originally posted by NJNiner:

Lack of patience by many. We knew he was raw and only 20 years old coming out of college yet people couldnt give him more than 1 year. I will admit though at one point I thought we should at least consider moving him to RG. I think he would make an all pro guard as well though. So I think that even those that would say he was no where near a bust thought that maybe he wouldn't make it at RT.
That's how you build a dynasty folks
That's how you build a dynasty folks
Sweeeeeeeetttt...now extend Iupati too and then we'll have the best oline in the league for many more years...
This is great news!! Keeping this line together is key to staying ahead in this division. Seattle can talk all they want about their secondary and rightfully so, but they don't have a line in front of Wilson that even belongs in the same conversation as the 49ers line. It really is the best line in football!! Great job by our FO once again! GO NINERS!
sounds like a bargain considering his immense upside. $17M guarantee is very manageable over 5yrs..i'm sure contract is back loaded w/ bs to get to $37.5M

anyone recall how long they extended alex boone for?
Originally posted by iLL49er:
sounds like a bargain considering his immense upside. $17M guarantee is very manageable over 5yrs..i'm sure contract is back loaded w/ bs to get to $37.5M

anyone recall how long they extended alex boone for?

According to NFL Network, Boone (6-8, 300 pounds), who was signed through this season, received a $1.7 million signing bonus. He will make $450,000 in 2012, $540,000 in 2013, $950,000 in 2014 and $1.2 million in 2015.

found it

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824dc383/article/49ers-reserve-ol-boone-receives-fouryear-extension

hmmm....i wonder if they will decide to keep boone over iupati if it comes down to big $$$ for iupati vs getting boone cheaper and having $ for aldon/kap/crab
None of the niners beat writers are up yet haha
Originally posted by Ajanke:
`Iupati or Crabby next.

Definitely lupati IMO
great stats about David

Samuel Lam @SamuelYLam 5th April 2013 from TwitLonger

Some Anthony Davis stats to chew on. Did not have holding penalty in 2011. Had one holding penalty in 2012. In 2012, had one tripping call, two unnecessary roughness calls. (His penalty totals, however, have been decreasing every year.) He allowed 30 total sacks in the past three seasons, but in five career playoff games, allowed none. He had seven false starts in 2010. Had four in 2011. Only one last year. Davis has started every game since his rookie year.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by NJNiner:

Lack of patience by many. We knew he was raw and only 20 years old coming out of college yet people couldnt give him more than 1 year. I will admit though at one point I thought we should at least consider moving him to RG. I think he would make an all pro guard as well though. So I think that even those that would say he was no where near a bust thought that maybe he wouldn't make it at RT.

Sounds like the same lack in patience people has with Jenkins.
Share 49ersWebzone