There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Potentially under the radar losses

I don't know about Gooden, but Larry Grant could definitely be starting on another squad somewhere. Other teams have to have noticed how he played when he spelled Willis the season before last. Luckily, the Niners will probably know whether or not they're going to be keeping those two before they hit the draft.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't know about Gooden, but Larry Grant could definitely be starting on another squad somewhere. Other teams have to have noticed how he played when he spelled Willis the season before last. Luckily, the Niners will probably know whether or not they're going to be keeping those two before they hit the draft.

why has he received zero interest? I agree with you though
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by Beeker:
I hate the off-season.

lol what? Have there been a lot of threads on this?

Nah, just the off-season in general. W.A.G.s about everyone and their brother ... Pet peeves (WE) ... rehashing old wounds, etc.

Not this thread specifically LOL
Originally posted by nannite:
I hate the off-season.

You've posted more than anyone this offseason (except maybe cciowa).

That's possibly (probably) true
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Frankly I think it's a little weird to keep the same players as backups for years and years. Grant and Gooden have run their course; it's time to bring in some younger and hungrier players with upside to back up our stud ILBs.

Skuta takes one of those spots and is our new key STer. I think we should draft an ILB in round 6 or 7 to round out the group.

If it aint broken dont fix it cuh

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

Seemed pretty broke
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we have lost no one who can not be easily replaced. i do not think the niners have any desire for grant to come back. if the guy was starter material he would have got a job last year or at least a visit this year. we signed skuta who can be a back up and we got two kids who did not play last year. grant and gooden may be favored sons to some around here but they are easily replaced
Originally posted by cciowa:
we have lost no one who can not be easily replaced. i do not think the niners have any desire for grant to come back. if the guy was starter material he would have got a job last year or at least a visit this year. we signed skuta who can be a back up and we got two kids who did not play last year. grant and gooden may be favored sons to some around here but they are easily replaced
How could he possibly get a job starting on a team with Willis and Bowman? It's not that he can't play. Willis and Bowman are the best ILB duo in the league.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by cciowa:
How could he possibly get a job starting on a team with Willis and Bowman? It's not that he can't play. Willis and Bowman are the best ILB duo in the league.
i meant to say a starting job on another team. he was a free agent before last year and no one was interested and again this year , no one is interested. i do not hate him but i do not think he is long time starting material in the nfl which is evident by the lack of interest from other teams. i also think he has already been replaced on our team
I hate the off-season.

I like it this year. Gives some time to heal wounds of losing the superbowl and enjoy some laid back Giants games. We will have the draft and then a LONG brutal summer after that. No reason to rush just enjoy some baseball games and block the 9ers out for awhile. I don't mind it at all.
Tavares Gooden is reported to be visitng the Steelers and Cardinals . No word on Larry Grant but I've read he's not expected to re-sign. Gooden is a core special teamer and brings a lot of energy to the "tony montana" squad. Grant has proven his worth as a solid back up and role player.

I doubt they are asking for much, why not make an effort to re-sign them? This is similar to what happened with Blake Costanzo and Colin Jones, look at how that turned out

The "Tony Montana" squad crapped the bed last year , I say its time for a change. Scuta and Dahl is a start,we will add another good special team player before the season(draft or free agent?)
Tavares Gooden is reported to be visitng the Steelers and Cardinals . No word on Larry Grant but I've read he's not expected to re-sign. Gooden is a core special teamer and brings a lot of energy to the "tony montana" squad. Grant has proven his worth as a solid back up and role player.

I doubt they are asking for much, why not make an effort to re-sign them? This is similar to what happened with Blake Costanzo and Colin Jones, look at how that turned out

The "tony montana" squad crapped the bed last season ,It's time for a change. Scuta and Dahl are a start,we will add another ST player before the season starts,
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
when we lose walker gooden and grant all I hear is,,:well they were great special team guys".. excuse me, the special ed teams were horrible last year and in my opinion everyones job on special teams should be challenged. gooden and grant may be favored sons on here but good lord, they are only average players. they have been or will be replaced on our roster and i am more than ok with that
Do not want to go into season with only Skuta/Wilhoite backing up at ILB. I would say we should likely place an emphasis on bringing back at least one of Gooden/Grant.
I agree, I'd sign at least 1 of them.
NO money rookies will replace those guys on special teams.........who knows how that will work out

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home