There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Potentially under the radar losses

Tavares Gooden is reported to be visitng the Steelers and Cardinals . No word on Larry Grant but I've read he's not expected to re-sign. Gooden is a core special teamer and brings a lot of energy to the "tony montana" squad. Grant has proven his worth as a solid back up and role player.

I doubt they are asking for much, why not make an effort to re-sign them? This is similar to what happened with Blake Costanzo and Colin Jones, look at how that turned out
Maybe he wants to Start?
I hate the off-season.
Originally posted by Beeker:
I hate the off-season.

This has been one of the better ones I think. I hope players are as moody and ready to fight as the zone is.
I hate the off-season.

lol what? Have there been a lot of threads on this?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
We have to make room for draft picks to fill back up and ST roles. No room for all the players that are FA's plus the guys we signed with 13 draft picks and maybe 5 or 6 make the team.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Maybe he wants to Start?

I would think Gooden realizes by now that he's not viewed as a starter. And it doesn't seem like Grant has received any interest which is surprising considering guys like RJF got big deals
I think they see Skuta as an upgrade over Gooden. I'd like to see Grant back, but I'll bet they address the ILB spot in the draft.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Apr 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I think they see Skuta as an upgrade over Gooden. I'd like to see Grant back, but I'll bet they address the ILB spot in the draft.

Meh. T Good has starting experience with the Ravens
we would only have room to bring one of them back as we already have Wilhoit and Skuta. Both solid ST players, but I trust Gooden/Grant more with coming in and playing for the defense if one gets hurt.
Frankly I think it's a little weird to keep the same players as backups for years and years. Grant and Gooden have run their course; it's time to bring in some younger and hungrier players with upside to back up our stud ILBs.

Skuta takes one of those spots and is our new key STer. I think we should draft an ILB in round 6 or 7 to round out the group.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Frankly I think it's a little weird to keep the same players as backups for years and years. Grant and Gooden have run their course; it's time to bring in some younger and hungrier players with upside to back up our stud ILBs.

Skuta takes one of those spots and is our new key STer. I think we should draft an ILB in round 6 or 7 to round out the group.

If it aint broken dont fix it cuh
I hate the off-season.

You've posted more than anyone this offseason (except maybe cciowa).
def don't trust Skuta & Wilhoit to come in if Willis/Bowman get nicked up. Grant is very reliable >>>
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

I agree. When you know going in that you really have zero chance to start outside an injury it has to wear on the mind of a back-up. I like the idea of bringing in the new blood behind Willis and Bowman . . . at least at the 4th ILB . . . I'd like to see Grant back. If not they can fill the need in the draft.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home