There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Fascinating dad gum yahoo report

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--offensive-guru-and-coaching-candidate-greg-roman-a-victim-of-his--niners--success-022509392.html

Quite possibly the best article I have read in a long long time. I gained a new appreciation for Greg Roman and all that he brings to the table as our offensive coordinator. I have previously been a bit on the fence about Roman, as innovative as he was in the run game I thought his passing game design and skills as a gameday play-caller left a bit to be desired. This article made me realize just how lucky we are to have Roman for another year. It really seems that from the front office to the coaching staff all the way down to the players every loss and failure motivates them to be better and strengthens their resolve and that is a great characteristic to have in a team.

(Yes I know this could have been posted in the Roman thread, but I thought this article was good enough to warrant its own thread and discussion).
Was a great read...but it also hurt like hell to hear the writer talk about that last sequence in the Super Bowl. To be honest though, I watched replays of that 3rd down timeout play quite and bit and I'm not convinced CK woulda scored. The hole wasn't as open as the writer is making it out to be...It woulda been 4th and goal from about the 1-2.

Goddamnit, opening up old wounds again...

Anyway, I know Roman screwed up in the end but I'm sure as hell glad he's our OC. Dude is a bona fide genius at formation and play design.
Originally posted by redrathman:

• Dino
  • Veteran
When I saw the thread title I thought this was about a dad and his gum.
Originally posted by Dino:
When I saw the thread title I thought this was about a dad and his gum.

Reading the yahoo comments on that article are funny.
Good article

blame for superbowl loss in my opinon in this order (note i don't care to b!tch about the refs..not on my list of excuses)

-lord fangio: sitting back and not attacking flacco til the 2nd half cost us. he should've been blitzing from the get go
-jim harbaugh: team came out flat in every game after the NE game, that was a 5 game trend that continued into the superbowl and it finally bit us hard. Also i'll never understand why he didn't use the final timeout b4 the biggest 4th down play of our season
Very good article. Thanks.

I hope is grooming a couple of people to tke over when a HC job is offered to him.

Okay, that's fricking funny!
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Okay, that's fricking funny!

This was the go-to response back in the day!

As was the the suit...

Michael Silver?..................................HERE??
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--offensive-guru-and-coaching-candidate-greg-roman-a-victim-of-his--niners--success-022509392.html

Quite possibly the best article I have read in a long long time. I gained a new appreciation for Greg Roman and all that he brings to the table as our offensive coordinator. I have previously been a bit on the fence about Roman, as innovative as he was in the run game I thought his passing game design and skills as a gameday play-caller left a bit to be desired. This article made me realize just how lucky we are to have Roman for another year. It really seems that from the front office to the coaching staff all the way down to the players every loss and failure motivates them to be better and strengthens their resolve and that is a great characteristic to have in a team.

(Yes I know this could have been posted in the Roman thread, but I thought this article was good enough to warrant its own thread and discussion).

'dis doe!