There are 288 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which would you prefer at FS?

Which would you prefer at FS?

Originally posted by NCommand:
Well, if the Niner's want to go more physical (like Baalke alluded to and backed by CB's we've looked at in FA and Draft) they could go:

Culliver (LCB) - Brown (slot) - 1st round (FS) - Dahl (SS) - Nnamdi (RCB)

Whitner is cut to save 4M this year alone. Rogers' renegotiates and baks up both CB spots.

Whitner>Dahl

plus whitner is more physical.


BTW, do you think that Cox would be better in the slot?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Well, if the Niner's want to go more physical (like Baalke alluded to and backed by CB's we've looked at in FA and Draft) they could go:

Culliver (LCB) - Brown (slot) - 1st round (FS) - Dahl (SS) - Nnamdi (RCB)

Whitner is cut to save 4M this year alone. Rogers' renegotiates and baks up both CB spots.

Don't know alot about Dahl but I think him starting just sounds horrifying .....
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'd prefer drafting a FS in rounds 1 or 2. Moving Cully to FS would be a mistake IMO. He has legit man coverage skills. Finding guys with his size, speed, and fluidity can be difficult. Don't let the SB make you forget about all the games he ran stride for stride with any receiver he was matched up against. He's a young player that will continue to improve.

THIS
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'd prefer drafting a FS in rounds 1 or 2. Moving Cully to FS would be a mistake IMO. He has legit man coverage skills. Finding guys with his size, speed, and fluidity can be difficult. Don't let the SB make you forget about all the games he ran stride for stride with any receiver he was matched up against. He's a young player that will continue to improve.

This all day. Thank you, finally someone with common and reason. It drives me crazy that you get people who don't watch any of the Niner games all year and then watch the playoffs or the Super Bowl and then decide that Culliver is terrible. (Especially the media). Culliver is a budding star and will be one of the best corners in the league that doesn't hold.


Yup
lol dahl still at 0%
Interesting. It didn't occur to me that Asomugha or Culliver might rotate to FS. I don't see it being culliver though. He seems to have issues tracking the ball. then again maybe that will be easier for him at the safety position.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Well, if the Niner's want to go more physical (like Baalke alluded to and backed by CB's we've looked at in FA and Draft) they could go:

Culliver (LCB) - Brown (slot) - 1st round (FS) - Dahl (SS) - Nnamdi (RCB)

Whitner is cut to save 4M this year alone. Rogers' renegotiates and baks up both CB spots.

Whitner>Dahl

plus whitner is more physical.

BTW, do you think that Cox would be better in the slot?

I doubt Dahl would give up 14 TD's so maybe not...more physical? You may be right. Good question on Cox. He looks promising to me and has a history with our secondary coach. This will be his 2nd year in our defense so he should be even better!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Well, if the Niner's want to go more physical (like Baalke alluded to and backed by CB's we've looked at in FA and Draft) they could go:

Culliver (LCB) - Brown (slot) - 1st round (FS) - Dahl (SS) - Nnamdi (RCB)

Whitner is cut to save 4M this year alone. Rogers' renegotiates and baks up both CB spots.

Whitner>Dahl

plus whitner is more physical.

BTW, do you think that Cox would be better in the slot?

I doubt Dahl would give up 14 TD's so maybe not...more physical? You may be right. Good question on Cox. He looks promising to me and has a history with our secondary coach. This will be his 2nd year in our defense so he should be even better!

Heck with it ... let's just run 4 LB's and 7 DB's
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I'm willing to bank on the fact Culliver starts the season at FS.

HE'S NOT GOING TO MOVE TO SAFETY. HE'S A VALUABLE CORNERBACK.



Someone had to say it.
Amerson should be our FS. dude will be a steal! great coverage skills for a FS and a natural ballhawk. Also he can make great tackles in open space
Whoever we draft is who I want at safety. Definitely not Dahl
Those of you who picked Nnamdi are absolutely retarded. He sucked as a zone cover guy, so why would we put him at a position where the primary goal is to play GOOD ZONE COVERAGE. Im saying get a high round draft pick and have him compete with Craig Dahl.
Originally posted by captain_planet:
HE'S NOT GOING TO MOVE TO SAFETY. HE'S A VALUABLE CORNERBACK.



Someone had to say it.

he is a valuable cornerback that will play special teams, and maybe 10 snaps a game at corner.
CJ Spillman
nnamdi would suck as a safety.