There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Winning the Super Bowl 2014

Winning the Super Bowl 2014

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by xtm059:
This is pretty close to the stupidest poll question i've ever answered. Nobody wants to lose. Ever. I'll present you with a better question:

What's the point of having talented players if you don't win the Super Bowl?

Sure would be great to go to the SB and lose three more times to save cap space. Are you f**king kidding me?

The question wasn't about losing. It is about scenario. Example the from this Ravens this year. They didn't cap plan and now they are going to be a s**t team again.
So lets put it in this context. Win and become a crap team because you can't sign your own free agents back. OR lose and have a better chance at winning multiple championships because your main players are already under contract? I am not saying throw the damn game. Duh
the ravens players wouldve left regardless if they won or lost that superbowl. its not about winning the last game, its about what the player does in the coarse of a season or seasons that gets them a fat contract. id rather win a superbowl and be f**ked by the salary cap than lose a superbowl and get f**ked by the salary cap

uhhhhh yeah no s**t wouldn't every person who isn't retarded want that?

Now to the other guy a superbowl is > than everything. I would love to be the bounty hunting Saints or the 0-16 Lions if it meant another superbowl. How can you all not realize how rare and difficult and once in a lifetime a superbowl win is? Sure we did it 5 times so that argument can be made but s**t had to go perfectly for that to happen. We had the most dominant team of the 80's and still only won 4 out of 10. The greatest dynasties of all time could only muster a max of 4 wins in a decade. Getting one single win is a feat so to act so trivial about it is stupid.
[ Edited by BayArea on Mar 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM ]
Originally posted by BayArea:
uhhhhh yeah no s**t wouldn't every person who isn't retarded want that?

Now to the other guy a superbowl is > than everything. I would love to be the bounty hunting Saints or the 0-16 Lions if it meant another superbowl. How can you all not realize how rare and difficult and once in a lifetime a superbowl win is? Sure we did it 5 times so that argument can be made but s**t had to go perfectly for that to happen. We had the most dominant team of the 80's and still only won 4 out of 10. The greatest dynasties of all time could only muster a max of 4 wins in a decade. Getting one single win is a feat so to act so trivial about it is stupid.

I would add that in the current era of parity it's even more difficult. Our team is great--but it's no longer possible to be so utterly dominant like our teams in the 80s were. Nothing is guaranteed, which is why I would take a win now over a potential win in the future.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
What the hell would the point of having good players be if you don't win the Super Bowl? "Hey, let's be the most talented team for no reason! Also why are we even playing this game???"

If you are able to sign more of your talent because they are cheaper. You would be a better team for a longer period of time. Ie. The window is open longer. Example of poor cap planning being the Ravens of this year.

But the point is to win. The only reason to have a good team is to make it possible to win.

Right. So it boils down to this...Win one and lose talent or win more by keeping talent.

Lol whut?

You really believe that, after losing another Superbowl, that management is gonna simultaneously sit down and resign all 53 players to cap friendly 5 year contracts so then we can really try and win that Super Bowl? Not only that, but you believe all 53 players are gonna be on board as well?

we already lost a Super Bowl. And we didnt do any this.

So...yeah....

If we're betting on team strategy after another Super Bowl loss, put me down for all of management getting fired.
Originally posted by LVJay:
This is pretty close to the stupidest poll question i've ever answered. Nobody wants to lose. Ever. I'll present you with a better question:

Sure would be great to go to the SB and lose three more times to save cap space. Are you f**king kidding me?

The question wasn't about losing. It is about scenario. Example the from this Ravens this year. They didn't cap plan and now they are going to be a s**t team again.
So lets put it in this context. Win and become a crap team because you can't sign your own free agents back. OR lose and have a better chance at winning multiple championships because your main players are already under contract? I am not saying throw the damn game. Duh

I would LOVE to trade places with the ravens, they WON... it's all about winning the BIG ONE. That's all that matters. Now we don't have that Flawless SB record anymore. So, they lose players, but won the SB... we're the LOSERS!

You sir, are a beacon of logic and reason in a sea of participation trophies.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
Originally posted by LVJay:

I would LOVE to trade places with the ravens, they WON... it's all about winning the BIG ONE. That's all that matters. Now we don't have that Flawless SB record anymore. So, they lose players, but won the SB... we're the LOSERS!

Thank you
Originally posted by 4t9ers:

What the hell would the point of having good players be if you don't win the Super Bowl? "Hey, let's be the most talented team for no reason! Also why are we even playing this game???"

Exactly ... you play in order to win ...

Greetings from Lima - Perú
this might be the absolute dumbest post i've read on the webzone in the 14yrs i've been on here
This pretty much sums up this whole thread...