LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Crabtree lost vision in SB...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Chris Law
@ChrisLaw 17m 49ers WR Michael Crabtree tells @TheEisenPodcast he temporarly lost vision on final drive of SB XLVII after hit to head. Posts tonight
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Probably on the most blatant non-call on that helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless receiver near the goal line.

Thank you, no flag on that play or the holding call in the endzone. Worst...Officiating...EVER!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i believe it. can't believe it wasn't called. wait, yea, i can believe it after all.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
can we just stop with the excuses,, he lost vision, the refs sucked. my little dog got ran over by a steamroller. we flat out sucked on offense for two quarters, we flat out sucked on defense for a vast majority of the game, the special ed teams flat out sucked as usual and the coaches were either unable or unwilling to use the best rushing attack in the nfl behind the best run blocking line in the nfl to pick up five lousy yards after even little james got two on first down. i know it makes some of you feel better to find someone else to blame but we simply did not play well enough to earn that win, missed tackles, no pass rush, not ready for a fake punt safety that everyone knew was coming and epic fail at crunch time by the coaches
Originally posted by cciowa:
can we just stop with the excuses,, he lost vision, the refs sucked. my little dog got ran over by a steamroller. we flat out sucked on offense for two quarters, we flat out sucked on defense for a vast majority of the game, the special ed teams flat out sucked as usual and the coaches were either unable or unwilling to use the best rushing attack in the nfl behind the best run blocking line in the nfl to pick up five lousy yards after even little james got two on first down. i know it makes some of you feel better to find someone else to blame but we simply did not play well enough to earn that win, missed tackles, no pass rush, not ready for a fake punt safety that everyone knew was coming and epic fail at crunch time by the coaches

we didnt suck for two Qtrs, we just didn't get the calls ravens did on 3rd down...the Stats were pretty much similar at halftime
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

we didnt suck for two Qtrs, we just didn't get the calls ravens did on 3rd down...the Stats were pretty much similar at halftime
the first thing we did on offense was a big penalty which negated a big play. Now i understand the refs threw the flag only because they had conspired to screw us in a secret meeting they had with the nfl and the ravens before the game but it occured. i am sorry that you can not see this,, but after that the offense went into a fetal position and with able assistance from a all of a sudden impotent defense the ravens did what ever they wanted to do in the first half. Now i know the only reason that happened is because the entire nfl was against us but that is what happened. it was only in the second half that our offense woke up and made plays. i understand the need for rose colored glasses and i understand the need to continue to push the refs against us in the grassy knoll theorys but the defense showed little improvement in the second half and while it is all the fault of the refs and the nfl and god because he was in the corner of ray lewis,, you can not expect to win a super bowl when you play two good offensive quarters , when you run right by a guy who is returning a kickoff for a touchdown( yes i know the refs were responsible for that of course) , when you have no pass rush, when you have the keystone cops comedy routine in your secondary and you only only play a handfull of good defensive snaps

• cciowa
  • Veteran
if you want to play the game you gotta catch the ball luv. all year long our team was touted as the bullies of the nfl. well the ravens were the ones who punched us in the mouth and our reaction or the coaches reaction at the end, was to crawl into a fetal position
if you want to play the game you gotta catch the ball luv. all year long our team was touted as the bullies of the nfl. well the ravens were the ones who punched us in the mouth and our reaction or the coaches reaction at the end, was to crawl into a fetal position

• cciowa
  • Veteran
and by the way if goldson had made that hit,, you all would be making music videos and posting it on you tube just like you did when whitner blew up thomas the year before in the saints game

well if the damn refs would of called the blatant hold on Jimmy Smith we would have won
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

sorry but i said nothing wrong. the coaches did craw into a fetal position at the end of the game. I know i am in the minority here with my views but people in the minority are usually able to see things more clearly then those in the majority
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

the first thing we did on offense was a big penalty which negated a big play. Now i understand the refs threw the flag only because they had conspired to screw us in a secret meeting they had with the nfl and the ravens before the game but it occured. i am sorry that you can not see this,, but after that the offense went into a fetal position and with able assistance from a all of a sudden impotent defense the ravens did what ever they wanted to do in the first half. Now i know the only reason that happened is because the entire nfl was against us but that is what happened. it was only in the second half that our offense woke up and made plays. i understand the need for rose colored glasses and i understand the need to continue to push the refs against us in the grassy knoll theorys but the defense showed little improvement in the second half and while it is all the fault of the refs and the nfl and god because he was in the corner of ray lewis,, you can not expect to win a super bowl when you play two good offensive quarters , when you run right by a guy who is returning a kickoff for a touchdown( yes i know the refs were responsible for that of course) , when you have no pass rush, when you have the keystone cops comedy routine in your secondary and you only only play a handfull of good defensive snaps

we were mugged on offense in the first half and at the end of the game plain and simple. nothing we could do about it but fight through it.. One legged man in a two legged race.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
well if the damn refs would of called the blatant hold on Jimmy Smith we would have won
if the coaches would have given the strong point of our offense a chance to win the game , it would not have come down to the alleged misdeeds that were perpetrated against us by the refs, the nfl, the commish and god himself that day
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
no matter how you slice it, that is a clear helmet to helmet shot in which the ref had a front row seat. To say otherwise, is just being dismissive to the fact that the refs KNEW they weren't going to call ANYTHING on that final series. I can understand not wanting to influence the outcome, but rules are rules and that dude broke one. Not even mentioning the other 3 or 4.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Mar 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone