There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Favorite single game performance by a 49er player?

Originally posted by DelCed2486:
The game he had in 2009 vs. Seahawks where he had TD runs of 79 + 80 yds...actually ended up being a little disappointing because he had over 200 yds fairly early in the 2nd half, but think he got dinged a little and they pulled him out. Otherwise I think he had a legit shot to set the single-game rushing record that day.

Yep.. wasn't long into the 2nd half and he had 207. Think he actually had 209 and then lost a couple on a carry. The other game in 2006 he had 212.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM ]
The one jeff garcia played
  • mod
  • Veteran
Since I started watching this team.

Gores 200 yard games against the Seahawks
Alex Smith vs Saints
Vernon Davis vs Saints
Kaepernick vs Bears
Kaepernick Packers
Frank Gore vs Lions - 2006 - that was a helluva run

God damn Frank was so good in 2006

I would like to put VD's performance vs the Texans but we lost.
Anybody remember Tim Rattay torching the Steelers on MNF??? ...He looked like the next great 49ers QB in that game
not my top but since a few of my tops have been called how about those 2 Ginn td returns against the seachickens to really get our season going in 2011
[ Edited by Fisherniner on Mar 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Anybody remember Tim Rattay torching the Steelers on MNF??? ...He looked like the next great 49ers QB in that game

first football game I ever went to. had a blast...
One more vote for John Taylor's two 90 yard TD catches versus the Lambs on MNF. Both those TD scores were on a 10 yard pass and 80 yards of YAC. Terrific downfield blocking by Rice on those plays.
It's not my favorite, but definitely should be mentioned..

Aldon Smith's 5.5 sack game against the Bears last year was probably one of the most dominating performances I've ever seen from a pass rusher
Originally posted by Cooper22:

Aldon Smith's 5.5 sack game against the Bears last year was probably one of the most dominating performances I've ever seen from a pass rusher

I was just gonna mention that game. Might be the most dominant defensive performance for a single niner player ever.
Originally posted by HailJerry:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I was at that game.

That was the first game I ever took my wife to. I had to explain to her afterward that they don't all end like that. LOL.

Awesome...did your wife become a fan after that game?

She never really had a choice. LOL.
1.) Montana's Super Bowl performance against the Broncos
2.) Young's Super Bowl performance against the Chargers
3.) Rice's Super Bowl performance against the Bengals
4.) Rice's 5 TD receptions against the Falcons in '90
5.) Kap's playoff game against the Packers

6.) Jeff Garcia's comeback against the Giants
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Cooper22:

I was just gonna mention that game. Might be the most dominant defensive performance for a single niner player ever.

that reminds me of Patrick Willis 18 or 19 tackle performance against Tampa Bay in 07... dude was all over the place.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Oh and the Walt Harris interception hat-trick against the Raiders in 06
So many amazing moments...we are truly blessed to have watched some of the greatest players ever. My favorite, I have to go way back...
The 1972 season, my childhood hero, John Brodie, on the sidelines for most of the season with a bum leg...Steve Spurrier led the team to the brink of the NFC West championship, at Candlestick against the Vikings. Down by five in the fourth quarter, John stands up, drops his crutches, starts warming up, crowd goes bananas. He comes in and leads a drive- one of the greatest in Niner history- finishing with a TD pass with near zero time left to Dick Witcher. He was caried off the field on a sea of teammates hands.

Magnificent, especially to a 13 year old.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

first football game I ever went to. had a blast...

Was at that game too..I remember T.O had a long TD and Kevin Barlow broke off a big TD run. that was a good night