There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Favorite single game performance by a 49er player?

I know everyone remembers the legendary efforts by Joe, Steve, Ronnie, Jerry and other Niner legends

but one of my favorite efforts was by Julian Peterson, and I do believe it was against the Cowboys when Peterson had to pick up the slack due to injuries, and filled in at DE, ILB , SS, and played his natural OLB position in that game Jim Mora Jr had to creative using J.P , what an effort

what about you guys? what one player stood out and earned your respect ?
How about that 98 yard scamper by Garrison Hearst in OT against the New York Jets to open up the '98 season.
Jerry Rice - Super Bowl XXIII MVP performance

John Taylor - Two 90+ TDs vs the Rams on MNF

Joe Montana & Jerry Rice - 5 TDs vs Falcons, 1990

Steve Young - Super Bowl XXIX, 6 TD passes

Terrell Owens - 20+ receptions in a single game (Jerry Rice's final in a 49er uniform at home) vs the Bears

Jeff Garcia - Wild Card playoff comeback against the Giants

Alex Smith - Divisional win vs the Saints

Colin Kaepernick - NFCDG win vs the Packers
Originally posted by robniner:
How about that 98 yard scamper by Garrison Hearst in OT against the New York Jets to open up the '98 season.

that was one HELL of a Game !!!!!!

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Jerry Rice - Super Bowl XXIII MVP performance

Joe Montana & Jerry Rice - 5 TDs vs Falcons, 1990

Steve Young - Super Bowl XXIX, 6 TD passes

Terrell Owens - 20+ receptions in a single game (Jerry Rice's final in a 49er uniform at home) vs the Bears

Jeff Garcia - Wild Card playoff comeback against the Giants

Alex Smith - Divisional win vs the Saints

Colin Kaepernick - NFCDG win vs the Packers

The Jeff Garcia performance was CLASSIC ....Jeff showed a lot of heart and courage that game ...and against the F*cken Giants at that
Also, Joe Montana's epic performance at the old Vet in Philly in '89...got beat the f**k up by Buddy Ryan's vaunted 46 D but still had the last laugh after leading a comeback victory
Also, Joe Montana's epic performance at the old Vet in Philly in '89...got beat the f**k up by Buddy Ryan's vaunted 46 D but still had the last laugh after leading a comeback victory

...HELL YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

...HELL YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sacked 8+ times and still won on them ol bird legs.

Wasn't old enough to watch and enjoy the Montana days but I'd say

Alex in the divisional game
Colin in the divisional game
Frank Gore vs the Seahawks in 06.. Both games lol

I was at that game.

That was the first game I ever took my wife to. I had to explain to her afterward that they don't all end like that. LOL.
frank gore when he abused the seahawks, you pick the game.
With only being 25 years old, my fondest ones are Garcia comback in '02 against the Giants. I remeber Strahan pointing to one of our players I believe it was Owens saying "Look at the scoreboard". That sure did blow up in his gap lol.

The Garrison Hearst run was awesome. I was a nervous wreck about to go into OT and BAM, one play and it's over.

The Alex Smith game against NO in the playoffs was the first time I ever cried watching the 49ers.

Kaep against GB last year was just awesome as hell, I was do damn cocky that week lol.

This

I was just going to say this. Hell of a game by Hearst. Not sure that was really a TD lol, but what a run.