There are 185 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A Look at the dreaded 2015 offseason (WebZone exclusive)

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
AB83, what's the forecast for seattle down the road? i hope they're f**ked

this. f**k them.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by robniner:
Now you know why Trent is picking and choosing his spending; what lies ahead in the coming years.

I hope those criticizing him can finally understand.

Agreed. People need to quit hating on Baalke for the signings, we don't have the luxury of having cap space out our ass like Tampa, and Cincy and Cleveland each year. We have a solid team, we wont lose much without Delanie, Dashon, RJF and Sopoaga, we will get back up, play our hearts out and compete for a Super Bowl again.

I get sick of the Baalke knows what he is doing, he is the GM for a reason, he isn't stupid like MCclueless, who spent and spent for no reason. This isn't The Yorks being cheap, this is being smart. The cap is flat, we need to worry about Kap, Aldon, Crabs, Iupati and Anthony in 2015, and hope Justin comes back.

I know this is about the Niners, but speaking of McClueless, do you think his offseason moves will screw Seattle in a couple years or will they be able to work it out? Hopefully the off season championship they just won will send them into cap hell.

They seem to be going all in. Giving out big deals to Harvin is a mistake, Avril is a good DE, but still a nice sized deal. They will have headaches also. Earl Thomas, Brandon Browner, and Richard Sherman will need extensions same as our guys, plus Wilson. So they have cap issues to worry about in future, around same time as us.

Don't forget, they will have to pay Russell Wilson big money so they could find themselves in a Joe Flacco/Matt Ryan situation.
Hey Yo,

Baalke and Paraag got this
Our front office knows what its doing by building through the draft
OW !!

we're waiting on what AB83 has to say!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuQGfk9Gmgo

where's rikimaru?

VIVA LA NOLAN!!
The late czar of the NFL, Pete Rozelle, had a vision that every team finished 8-8. This way there would be maximum interest for every team. All the games would be meaningful and we'd be in the kingdom of Parity.
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
AB83, what's the forecast for seattle down the road? i hope they're f**ked

this. f**k them.

Not like it's anything new.... they been f**ked for ... well since their inception.
Now you know why Trent is picking and choosing his spending; what lies ahead in the coming years.

Agreed. People need to quit hating on Baalke for the signings, we don't have the luxury of having cap space out our ass like Tampa, and Cincy and Cleveland each year. We have a solid team, we wont lose much without Delanie, Dashon, RJF and Sopoaga, we will get back up, play our hearts out and compete for a Super Bowl again.

I get sick of the Baalke knows what he is doing, he is the GM for a reason, he isn't stupid like MCclueless, who spent and spent for no reason. This isn't The Yorks being cheap, this is being smart. The cap is flat, we need to worry about Kap, Aldon, Crabs, Iupati and Anthony in 2015, and hope Justin comes back.

I know this is about the Niners, but speaking of McClueless, do you think his offseason moves will screw Seattle in a couple years or will they be able to work it out? Hopefully the off season championship they just won will send them into cap hell.

They seem to be going all in. Giving out big deals to Harvin is a mistake, Avril is a good DE, but still a nice sized deal. They will have headaches also. Earl Thomas, Brandon Browner, and Richard Sherman will need extensions same as our guys, plus Wilson. So they have cap issues to worry about in future, around same time as us.

Don't forget, they will have to pay Russell Wilson big money so they could find themselves in a Joe Flacco/Matt Ryan situation.

Don't forget Kap. Let's all hope since he is a local boy he will go easy on the Niner cap with a nice contract that doesn't bankrupt us..
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

Don't forget Kap. Let's all hope since he is a local boy he will go easy on the Niner cap with a nice contract that doesn't bankrupt us..

I have a bad feeling he will end up with a Flacco contract especially if he wins a superbowl. Flacco just f**ked the market up. Imagine the contract that Aaron Rodgers is going to get now.
Originally posted by BayArea:
I have a bad feeling he will end up with a Flacco contract especially if he wins a superbowl. Flacco just f**ked the market up. Imagine the contract that Aaron Rodgers is going to get now.

There's already been rumblings that Rodgers' next deal will pay him $25 mil per year.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Mar 20, 2013 at 3:01 AM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by BayArea:

There's already been rumblings that Rodgers' next deal will pay him $25 mil per year.

Trade Kaep to KC now before it's too late!
First & Foremost... Titles in the final season @ the stick & the first season @ the new stadium!!!
2015 will be the year our cheap 49ers decide to rebuild the team..lol
Cheap? Do you even know how close we are to the salary cap every year...that couldnt be a more ignorant statement.

Not having the money left on the cap is not the same thing as cheap.

Not wanting to lose your rising star QB a few short years from now to pay an egomaniac safety like he is the second comming of Ronnie isnt cheap.

Not buying every over the hill has been that other teams let go just to be over leveraged is not being cheap.

Its called SMART...unlike most of America the Niners cant take out a second mortgage...or drive up a credit card...or finance themselves into Bankruptcy and walk away unscathed.
I believe that the core players of our team... the guys that we need to retain to be a contender long term are the following:

QB: Kaepernick - this one is obvious
WR: Crabtree - we all know how hard it is to find a legit WR. Now we have one, we need to keep him.
TE: V. Davis - typically, I wouldn't consider a TE essential. But VD is a physical freak and does everything so well. He'd be very hard to replace.
OL: Staley, Iupati, A. Davis - The success of our offense depends on these guys. They are all young. We need them all for a long time.

LB: Willis, Bowman, Aldon, Brooks - this is the core of our defense. As long as we have these guys we will be one of the better defenses in the league.

A. Lee - Best punter I've ever seen. Consistently amazing.

That is 11 guys. You'll notice no RBs. We have James, but RBs are easy to find in the draft. If you have a good OL and a QB like Kaep, most RBs would succeed. Also, our LBs need a decent supporting cast. But we don't have any young DLs or DBs that aren't replaceable. Nobody that has proven to be deserving of big money.