There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign Craig Dahl to 3 year deal

Originally posted by Rams:
Thank you!!

Congratulations on re-signing your RB and #1 WR........oh damn, well this is just awkward......sorry.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Rams:
Thank you!!

Congratulations on re-signing your RB and #1 WR........oh damn, well this is just awkward......sorry.

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
downgrade from goldson but im hoping were gonna draft a stud safety and CB in the first couple rounds anyway so this dude might not even start

I'm assuming this is the plan as well.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Rams:
Thank you!!

Congratulations on re-signing your RB and #1 WR........oh damn, well this is just awkward......sorry.


Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
I don't know Jeff Fisher teams are generally well coached defensively so we might be able to salvage something but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

He had Fisher for a season, he had a variety of sideshow coaches for the previous 3 or 4. Here he won't be pushed into the starting job, he'll provide depth, special teams support and get coached up. I'm content with him.

Once again, there's a reason Baalke chose this guy, if he wanted cheap, there were plenty of other cheap players out there, he obviously sees that Dahl can improve the team in some fashion, whether its through being a top special-teamer or having the ability to develop into a quality safety, either as a free safety or as a strong safety.


I don't understand why people freak out when they don't even know a player. They're going based on what others are saying about a guy, but if you go back a couple years in tine, Rams fans f**king loved this guy, he was a special teams ace and a quality backup. He struggled as a starter, but that won't be his role with the 49ers.

Nobody here KNOWS if he's going to start or not judging by the latest SJ Mercury news report and ESPN it sounds like he very well MAY be a starter...
Web zone specialties: jumping to conclusions, over-reacting, playing the drama queen, channeling Chicken Little and thinking you're smarter than Trent Baalke.
  • Rams
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5
He's terrible in coverage, and tackling. He's slow, and was gutted repeatedly. Which team was it that couldn't beat the Rams last year? Oh yeah..
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
I don't know Jeff Fisher teams are generally well coached defensively so we might be able to salvage something but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

He had Fisher for a season, he had a variety of sideshow coaches for the previous 3 or 4. Here he won't be pushed into the starting job, he'll provide depth, special teams support and get coached up. I'm content with him.

Once again, there's a reason Baalke chose this guy, if he wanted cheap, there were plenty of other cheap players out there, he obviously sees that Dahl can improve the team in some fashion, whether its through being a top special-teamer or having the ability to develop into a quality safety, either as a free safety or as a strong safety.


I don't understand why people freak out when they don't even know a player. They're going based on what others are saying about a guy, but if you go back a couple years in tine, Rams fans f**king loved this guy, he was a special teams ace and a quality backup. He struggled as a starter, but that won't be his role with the 49ers.

Nobody here KNOWS if he's going to start or not judging by the latest SJ Mercury news report and ESPN it sounds like he very well MAY be a starter...

I KNOW he won't start
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,686
Originally posted by Rams:
Thank you!!

You're welcome, son!

He'll be a fine back-up and special teamster now that he'll get coached up by the best...

BTW, thank you, as well. I'm sure he will give us some insight on how the LAMB CHOPS prepare and what not!
hes just an insurance policy if our roomie safety isnt ready to start just yet i think. if we still sign nnamdi were still in great shape in the defensive backfield
Originally posted by Rams:
He's terrible in coverage, and tackling. He's slow, and was gutted repeatedly. Which team was it that couldn't beat the Rams last year? Oh yeah..

Which team was it that didn't make the playoffs last year? Oh yeah.
For all we know, the Niners plan to have a drafted rookie they think will win the starting job competing with Dahl in training camp and Dahl is a stopgap in case the rookie can't win the starting job. The point is, we don't know what Baalke is doing.

Rams: the Niners will sweep your team, slap it around, run up the score and break all your hearts next season. Bank on it.
Sorry Mr Mexico didn't know you were a coach for the Niners.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,686
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Web zone specialties: jumping to conclusions, over-reacting, playing the drama queen, channeling Chicken Little and thinking you're smarter than Trent Baalke.

Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Sorry Mr Mexico didn't know you were a coach for the Niners.

I'm harbaughs fluffer, I got dat insider info