LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Boldin versus Harvin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KID9R:
Deon Branch was Super Bowl MVP. So what. Bolden is good but he's no Harvin

Harvin is good but he is no Boldin either. Harvin relys more on his speed and shiftiness to get the ball, Boldin can get the ball without being fast, two different types of receiver almost uncomparable really.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Boldin has been good his whole career unlike Branch.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
But but but Baalke wanted him. In Baalke we Trust?

Baalke wanted him at what price?

Exactly. Baalke wants all the top available players at their positions. But it doesn't work that way. THe salary cap, drafts picks etc is all part of the game.

If Baalke wanted Havin, he wasn't willing to give up what Seattle was. I think Baalke was probably floating one of our thirds and some later picks. Seattle broke the bank on arguably the 15th-25th best WR in the league.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM ]

Bolden can play 16 games. What is Harvin's excuse?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Bolden can play 16 games. What is Harvin's excuse?

Migraines and p***y aches.
Harvin has to stay healthy.. whats gonna happen the first time they play us and he tries to run a shifty route across the middle and gets blasted by willis or bowman.. Headaches happen again and hes sitting.. I remember when Hawks fans were pumped over Sidney Rice.. Where is that guy now.. More like Sidney Minute Rice.. because thats about how long he was legit in Seattle because he was cooked.
Originally posted by Fricker:
.. I remember when Hawks fans were pumped over Sidney Rice.. Where is that guy now...

Well, right now, he's practicing with RW and the other receivers ;-)
But, last season he was tied for the team lead (w/Golden Tate) in TD receptions.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
There's no "vs" there. Boldin's a has been, Harvin's a playmaker just priming.

Fellow Web Zoners, a quick perusal of this guy's posts ought to be enough to convince any Niner fan around here that there is no point in responding to anything he vomits out on to these boards. I'm not going to refer to him as a "troll" because that would be breaking the rules around here. But I would suggest that any response someone feels they really have to make start with the simple internet-wide accepted words which are "Cool story, bro!"
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Exactly. Baalke wants all the top available players at their positions. But it doesn't work that way. THe salary cap, drafts picks etc is all part of the game.

If Baalke wanted Havin, he wasn't willing to give up what Seattle was. I think Baalke was probably floating one of our thirds and some later picks. Seattle broke the bank on arguably the 15th-25th best WR in the league.

15th-25th best?

I think that's being pretty generous.
Originally posted by baltien:

15th-25th best?

I think that's being pretty generous.

It is.

I think he is around 25th best. Which isn't worth a first round pick, ever.

Delete.
[ Edited by baltien on Mar 17, 2013 at 12:28 PM ]
It is.

I think he is around 25th best. Which isn't worth a first round pick, ever.

Truth.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by VANiner:
It's funny, because analysts seem to love this move by the Hawks to get them over the top. However, they gave up a 1st plus 2 additional picks for him and a $60 million deal. These same analysts call the Wallace to Miami deal a waste because they paid too much. Seems, for some reason, media wants the Seahawks to take over the west. Weird. I think we are a much more likable team.

Oh no the 49ers some how are the evil of the NFL.... No idea why but for some reason people like to look at the Hawks like some special team of alter boys, I remember after the Seahawks redskins game when Sherman got b***hslapped like he deserved and they made him seem like he was some innocent child that had just been brutally abuse by his parents.

They don't like Harbaugh plain and simple. Plus they miss the days when their Packers and Patriots and Giants were leading the NFL. They don't want the door mat 49ers to be on top again and especially not with Harbs leading the show. They know Carroll aint winning it all so they want him to win the division. f**k em.
IMO, the media in general are an extremely fickle and b***hy little group of over-paid and mediocre individuals. Nepotism is rampant. I think they just don't like the way Jim Harbaugh doesn't ever seem that impressed with them. This seems to bother the television media more than the rest because they're the ones who are most full of themselves. I'm fine with the way he treats the media - I think they deserve what he's dishing out. I just want him to be a little nicer to the refs.
Originally posted by ManBearPig99:
Screw the SeaChickens. I will take Boldin @ 6 million this year and only lose a 6th round pick, over Harvin and his insane contract and the 3 draft picks they gave up. The chickens are all in for this year, because unless I am wrong they are already pretty much at the cap for next year, and that doesn't include the money that Sherman and others are going to want.

Chris

I strongly agree with you Chris...spot on...spot on. I really hope that these deals blow up on the Seahawks. When you spend big in FA it says two things about your team. 1 - you will suffer in cap soon cause you paid too much for little talent 2 - You had holes on the team that you couldn't address with cheap long term solutions via draft.

This is where the 49ers shine...make sound deals, own the draft and don't have many holes to fill on the roster.
Share 49ersWebzone